starting strength gym
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: D1 Training..Success?

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by OCG View Post
    Oh Hanley understands just fine. He can read at like a 4th grade level at least. What he was doing, was questioning your premises. Because it seems like, you don't really have any solid evidence to actually argue from...
    Again-again, I was taking (i.e. assuming, i.e. granting, i.e. presuming for the sake of argument) that premise to discuss something else. If you disagree with the premise, that's fine. But I'm trying, or was trying, to have a discussion, with people who also took that premise as being true, as plenty of people do except for the few contrarians on this board who begin to masturbate whenever someone says anything on here that is similar to positions that Rip or other SSC's hold, just so they can be the one to jump in and fart out of their face hole "oooooop RIP ZOMBIE. DERP."

If I take it for granted that God doesn't exist in order to have a conversation about how to ground morality without God, I don't feel the need to respond to someone who asks, "But what if God does exist?" What if that premise is false?? DERP!" My unwillingness to engage in that argument has nothing to do with my lack of evidence for that premise, but has everything to do with the fact that that's not the conversation I'm trying have. That is another paper, for another course. Fuck..guys, how is this not obvious?

Quote Originally Posted by Dlk93 View Post
    I was taking two premises to be true
    Oh good. Internally consistent bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by John Hanley View Post
    Oh good. Internally consistent bullshit.
    Jesus man how long does it take you to cum exactly?

how long does it take you to cum
    Tying those words felt okay to you?

Tying those words felt okay to you?
    About as good as it feels for you to masturbate to "Rip Zombie" and to be stubbornly irrational.

About as good as it feels for you to masturbate to "Rip Zombie" and to be stubbornly irrational.
    You’re scare-quoting yourself?

You’re scare-quoting yourself?
    That was just desperate. lol. It wasn't a term coined by me, so yea...scare quotes.

That was just desperate. lol. It wasn't a term coined by me, so yea...scare quotes.
    okay

How do we explain the fact that athletes have, overall, gotten bigger, stronger and faster in the past few decades?
    More money in sports --> more incentive --> bigger talent pool --> better athletes. And drugs of course play their part, more in some sports than others.

Assuming the bigger, stronger, faster claim is true...

Personally, I agree that strength training for most D1/pro teams is pretty crap, but that doesn't mean that training on the whole is. Especially for sports where technique is much more important than strength, more effective skill development can make their strength training protocol a lot less critical.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean Herbison View Post
    More money in sports --> more incentive --> bigger talent pool --> better athletes. And drugs of course play their part, more in some sports than others.

Personally, I agree that strength training for most D1/pro teams is pretty crap, but that doesn't mean that training on the whole is. Especially for sports where technique is much more important than strength, more effective skill development can make their strength training protocol a lot less critical.
    Thank you Sean.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast