starting strength gym
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Flat deadlifting shoes - recommendations?

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    I normally wear an 11 4E and Reebok's Legacy Lifters in 12 fit. So do Lite TRs in 12, sort of. I actually split the thin leather on the right foot and had to patch it with some canvass and shoe goo. I'm glad I got them on sale for like $20. Though the Lite TRs are discontinued now and are getting replaced with the power shoe Daverin mentioned.

Thanks for the input everyone! Will continue to research. And sorry for hijacking this thread. OP I too deadlift in socks and when I choose to compete again I'm going to try the slippers. If my gym did not allow socks I'd get the slippers since they are cheap.
    Last edited by Ryan Arnold; 02-23-2018 at 03:41 PM.

I'm partial to the Merrell Gloves and have the trail version. The Vapor version look good too.

It seems that Risto doesn't even do the shoes themselves, despite that's what they claim.

Gym Fitness Shoes

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Arnold View Post
    Thanks for this! I can't seem to find any suitable shoes for people with really wide feet. Any thoughts?
    I have very big wide feet.

Squat, Clean, Press in Adidas Powerlift 2.0 - US 16. They have the width I need but are a touch long in the toe. They are hold up very well. I DO NOT recommend then for heavy sled pushes / drags.

Deadlift, Bench, and other in Chuck Taylor's - Men 15. They are OK for the task. The don't last very long (~6 month before eyelets start popping out and the canvas begins to tear). I need to lace them quite tight to get a 'secure' feel.

I have used some DC Skate shoes in the past. They hold up very well and are secure to the floor... just a little high for deadlifts.

I would love to try a replacement for the Chucks if something where to be on the market.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234