starting strength gym
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Flat deadlifting shoes - recommendations?

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    I use these. Altra Men’s HIIT XT | Men | Altrarunning.com

Not much cushion, especially without the insole and they work very well for my EE feet.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Arnold View Post
    Looking into new shoes and also have to recommend a shoe to a new client with wide feet. Any idea on the width of these Adam?
    I think they make them custom to order in any width you can imagine. I also understand their service not to be the promptest. But that's all internet wisdom and not first-hand personal experience.

For you guys squatting and deadlifting on the same day, are you changing shoes or doing both in the same shoe? From my understanding you want flat for deadlift and a bit of a raise in the heel for squats.

Quote Originally Posted by David McClelland View Post
    For you guys squatting and deadlifting on the same day, are you changing shoes or doing both in the same shoe? From my understanding you want flat for deadlift and a bit of a raise in the heel for squats.
    I change out shoes. Do-Wins for squats, Chucks for everything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Skillin View Post
    I think they make them custom to order in any width you can imagine. I also understand their service not to be the promptest. But that's all internet wisdom and not first-hand personal experience.
    Gotcha, thx

Sabo makes deadlift shoes (pretty much wrestling shoes) and flat squat shoes.

Quote Originally Posted by I_iz_a_fatass View Post
    I change out shoes. Do-Wins for squats, Chucks for everything else.
    OK that's what I was planning on doing. I already work out in Chucks and have no complaints except for squats. Do-Wins are exactly what I want to invest in for that. I'm not made of money and have had to budget for everything, so not having to get special shoes for deadlift too is a blessing.

I squat in some VS Athletics... but everything else *was* in Reebok CrossFit Lites, with the insole removed. LOVED these shoes, the grip on the floor was great, comfy, etc. Lost them (literally, they're on the side of the road somewhere in New Zealand). I was bummed to find that the shoes are discontinued.

After looking around, trying on a bunch of shoes and continually being stunned at the shitty quality, high price, and lack of comfort- I went with something that is a bit on the ugly side, but crazy comfortable, great grip on the floor, hand made in Oregon. SoftStar RunAmoc Dash. Wide toe box, zero drop, thin Vibram sole (2mm or 5mm), and just a simple leather insole. I wear them everywhere, pull in them, and while yes- they're ugly, I'm already married so no worries there

starting strength coach development program
    I wear Sabo Goodlifts for both my squat and deadlift. I had the 0.5" heel Do-Wins back in the day, but didn't like the way it shifted my knee placement during squats. Also, if money is tight, the Asics Hyperthows are a decently priced pair of flats that I used to use as well.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast