starting strength gym

Thread: Son signed up for HS spring track/throwing. Surprised lifting program not terrible

Default Son signed up for HS spring track/throwing. Surprised lifting program not terrible

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    It's not great. But apparently they have a former student coaching who was a collegiate thrower and power lifter and will introduce the power clean after a few weeks.

Whoops didnt attach program
    Attached Images Attached Images

Surprisingly not bad...

My kid was in HS track, coach had her just eating tons of carbs and doing all the leg presses. For real... 2 sets of 50 on the leg press. To this day, she believes that is *the* way to train.

Was happy to see some sets of 5 and 3 in there with the occasional 10. Except for the goofy callestenics . Just glad they aren't going to completely sabatoge his strength training getting ready for football

I think the throwing sports are known for relatively decent strength programming.

I wasn't so sure, we have a football staff that doesn't know shit about strength training.. their coach tweeted a pic of a junior NT squatting 205 #working ard LOL.

My son was squatting 2 plates as a freshman

starting strength coach development program
    The female throwing/lifting coach put 50 lbs on his squat, he was wearing his belt wrong, and not tight enough, and something else I am forgetting what the cue was. The older kid he was lifting with had to take plates off.