starting strength gym
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Adidas Powerlift 2 shoes and kneecap pain.

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin1985 View Post
    No. I'm not aware of any in the north of England. The bar position is always one that gets me. What feels right evidently isn't but I have tried it lower and I just can't get my shoulders in position to hold in place. Regarding depth, are we talking catastrophically, above parallel high? To my untrained eye I thought the hip crease was somewhere in line with the patella at least, but then, i'm not exactly experienced in what to look for and yet again "feel ain't real".

Thanks for taking the time to look at this by the way. Really appreciate it
    England isn't that big. Go see Carl. You'll like him.
    Carl

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Skillin View Post
    England isn't that big. Go see Carl. You'll like him.
    Carl
    It isn't, but it still manages to be a 6 hour drive with our shitty road network. Be an overnight stay at least. Couple that with travel costs and the ridiculous London hotel prices plus the cost of the session and I don't think that one would fly with the family. More's the pity.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin1985 View Post
    It isn't, but it still manages to be a 6 hour drive with our shitty road network. Be an overnight stay at least. Couple that with travel costs and the ridiculous London hotel prices plus the cost of the session and I don't think that one would fly with the family. More's the pity.
    Make a holiday out of it. London's lovely this time of year. The kids just have to see Big Ben.

Also, there's always SSOC.

In any case, put the shoes back on, take some weight off the bar, get it in the right spot on your back, learn to sense depth, lean over correctly, and drive up with your hips. It's a lot to work on, but those are the big points to address.

Roger that, will do. Thanks for you time man. Plenty to work on, but I'm nothing if not determined.

Kevin,

Just my experience and may not be applicable to your situation- I started squatting in flat shoes and later switched to Adipowers (3/4" heel rise). It was during a reset so I felt it was a good time to introduce them. Initially it felt as if I was falling forward and after a couple of weeks I developed knee pain. A quick video showed that I was letting my knees drift too far past my toes. I concentrated on 'sitting back' when I began the descent and that kept the knee drift in check. Had it persisted I would have resorted to TUBOW. The pain disappeared after a week or two of cleaned up form and ibuprofen.

Hitting depth is also easier on the knees than stopping a few inches short. It gets the hamstring more involved to stabilize the knee. Besides the bounce at the bottom allows for more weight to be moved.

Adam- feel free to correct any of my poor advice. I freely admit to being just another idiot on the interwebs...

Quote Originally Posted by danomite! View Post
    Adam- feel free to correct any of my poor advice. I freely admit to being just another idiot on the interwebs...
    Not at all, man. You're on point.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by danomite! View Post

Initially it felt as if I was falling forward and after a couple of weeks I developed knee pain.
    This. Exactly how it felt. The footing felt stable and solid, but at the bottom it felt like things were tipping on to the toes. Like I had to actively think "heels". Anyhow, put the shoes back on and had another go at the multitude of pointers I've been given. This was mainly trying to work on bar position and tightness.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123