starting strength gym

Thread: Texas Method and Volume

Default Texas Method and Volume

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Hey guys, I'm running the texas method right now and so far have been pretty successful. I'm eating my face off and staying to the program.
    I used to compete in bodybuilding, so I was adapted to a ton of volume. I feel like the texas method lacks this, and that I might be able to progress faster with a little more volume on things like barbell rows, close grip presses, etc.
    if not please shut me down and tell me why. im just here to learn. thanks for any input guys.

If you can tolerate it and aren't feeling beat up, add accessories as you like. Rows, chins, LTE's, CGBP, curls etc. You'll probably find the deeper you get into TM, you may have to drop some of those movements to recover/progress. Initially the best day to add volume is the intensity day, but once your doing squats with 5 heavy singles, you may be too toasted to complete the accessory movements.

Quote Originally Posted by NeilTheCanadian View Post
    Hey guys, I'm running the texas method right now and so far have been pretty successful. I'm eating my face off and staying to the program.
    I used to compete in bodybuilding, so I was adapted to a ton of volume. I feel like the texas method lacks this, and that I might be able to progress faster with a little more volume on things like barbell rows, close grip presses, etc.
    if not please shut me down and tell me why. im just here to learn. thanks for any input guys.
    What are your goals? Since you are doing TM I'm assuming you are at the Intermediate level. There are other good, higher volume programs that you can do to meet your specific goals.

If you're seeing gains on the TX I wouldn't mess with it. But if you aren't meeting your goals then do something else.

Guys... he's a troll.

Oh shoot! I thought he was a Jewish Canadian older lady training former bodybuilder hardgainer getting ready to join the military...