starting strength gym
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Plateaued at Low Weight

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Schexnayder View Post
    Prior to making dietary adjustments, I was making solid LP progress. Making those changes messed with that, and going back to what I was doing seems to have resolved it. Hence my advice to others doing an LP is to up your dietary if you stall, and preferably to do so before stalling, because stalling on an LP is very demotivating.
    The demotivated need a better sense of context.

Some of the people who finished SSNLP at modest weights have gone on to be quite strong.
    Some people who finished with decent weights didn't gain much after.

Quote Originally Posted by hector_garza View Post
    The demotivated need a better sense of context.

Some of the people who finished SSNLP at modest weights have gone on to be quite strong.
    Some people who finished with decent weights didn't gain much after.
    I agree, LP kind of gets sold as "you will squat 390 lbs by the end", especially in PPST3, but YMMV obviously.

Still, a premature stall will limit how much anyone actually gets out of it.

starting strength coach development program
    This has been a decent thread. How many calories do people honestly believe they need when doing such a bare bones strength program? You can eat pretty clean and drive progress quite easily if you don't wish to consume enough to get fat. I'm 38, and as we get older adding fat with the assumption that you'll just easily diet it off is so short sided. I can't understand how adults can so easily be feed this horse shit. Use common sense. If your wiggly on the middle your fat, and as you get older this matters, big time. If your chasing numbers, fine. If health and astetics matter, they do, then take an honest assessment of where you are now, and where you want to be. Don't rush the process, don't force feed, and don't add weight just because. Put good food in, have beer, and strive to get better all around as the months pass. You should be doing cardio at 42, regardless of your goals. Choose appropriate conditioning, again, common sense stuff. I can say, as others have, you don't t need to drastically up the food to get better.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456