starting strength gym

Thread: Squat = deadlift - That shouldn't happen, right?

Default Squat = deadlift - That shouldn't happen, right?

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    So, today my squat and deadlift achieved equality due to a recent layoff and deload.

Is that a bad thing?

I feel I ought to let my deadlift get ahead to allow it to help my squat along.

My squat feels considerably more difficult than my deadlift, in terms of form and weight.

Don't hold back one lift because you think it should be lower then another. If you took time of do the LP and it'll sort itself out. If form is a problem talk to a coach or post in the form forum.

True. It will all work itself out. No need to worry if you are training the lifts, unless it is form issue. But do not hold back one lift because it "seems like" another lift should be ahead. Don't overthink it.

It's not a 'bad' thing but it may warrant having a coach take a look at your squat. Otherwise, keep train'n and gain'n.

Gains on the squat and deadlift are not always equal. And while it's true the progress with one will eventually help or hinder the other... for most people... just doing what is necessary to keep progress moving on each lift is enough that things even out in the end. Depending on your build, you may actually have more equal numbers with squat and deadlift forever.

Adam is right- as long as you don't have any major form issues with the squat. Keep progressing both and it will all come out in the wash!

starting strength coach development program
    I’ve been there before. It’s not a problem, but if your DLs are feeling easier than your squats, there’s a number of things that could be holding you back. What grip are you using? Are you using chalk? I’ve found these things make a big difference.