starting strength gym

Thread: Searching for a Strength Coach

Default Searching for a Strength Coach

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    I'm a total novice in Salem, Oregon. I've read SS a few times now, but really feel the need to have a coach to ensure proper form.

I have been looking all over and seem to be unable to find a strength coach in my area. I'd really like to be able to start my program in December, so feel impatient about the 2010 date for the Coach Directory.

Any good suggestions? Or anyone in the area? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

We can't have a directory until we have people who have met the requirements.

In the meantime, you might try posting about your search on the training board. Someone there might be able to help you.

And I'd recommend starting out on your own. The bar is a good teacher, if you're paying attention.

stef

Quote Originally Posted by stef bradford View Post
    The bar is a good teacher, if you're paying attention.

stef
    Truer words may have never been spoken. This is something that is overlooked by many trainers/coaches. I myself, having a BS and MS in Ex. Sci., realize that more and more and learn lessons every day that complement my formal education. Just spending time under the bar will educate.