starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Atlanta Recap

Default Improvements

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    I just wanted to add now almost a month from the seminar my improvements thanks to form changes or discussions from like minded people. My squat is going well now, it is around 365 for the sets and I hope to get it to at least to 405 or higher before moving to the Texas method. In the end I realised my stall was a diet issue and I probably needed some time after cramming for my exams, staying up mega late and so forth. Going to gym around the month my exams started, and jumping straight in doing starting strength I didn't really have a good environment, hence why I was probably stalling at 315 on squats. This is not to mention now I have finished school, I can avoid getting up at 4am on a Monday!
    It also occurred to me in Atlanta after speaking to some people about their diets how I probably needed more protein, I was probably taking in tops 180g. I've also improved my diet more by eating less carbs, but still eating plenty of fat.

Thanks again,
    Adam MacMillan

That's a great update Adam, thanks. I'm glad you've identified the areas that were causing you to stall out.

If I remember correctly, in Atlanta, you believed your diet was where it should be and were a 'tad' resistant to the idea that it wasn't. So for you to go back and take a closer look on how diet affects your training and recovery was a nice step in getting back on track.

If you're on a break from school now, it's an excellent opportunity to hit the gym, rested, with a diet more conducive to strength training.

Nice job, please continue to keep us posted on how it's going.
    jp

Great job Adam. Keep up the good work.

starting strength coach development program
    I've been out of touch, but I fully intend on being at the next ATL seminar that I can afford. I'm woefully underemployed right now, but working on changing that.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12