starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ATL - Starting Strength Training Camp - Deadlift / Power Clean - Feb 24th

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by BertBamboo View Post
    Steve, Is an ATL Squat Camp still a possibility for the near future?
    Yes, I'm working on dates with the facility now. Announcement within 10 days.

Steve

starting strength coach development program
    The store page wouldn't let me post multiple reviews of a camp there. That's a good segue to what I wanted to say, which I'll do here.

I already attended all the camps for each lift once. This was my second pulling camp. I was on the fence about going twice. But then I missed DL reps (twice) in my LP. One spot was left, so I registered and planned on backing off my workset weight 10 percent.

I went there thinking my grip width was good (1" into the knurl) and I had the right knee extension to start the DL. I was wrong. Steve adjusted my grip narrower which helped me keep my hips high. He also had me titrate my knee extension with hip extension. That helped me keep the bar on my legs ALL the way up ("Quad's part of the leg").

I went thinking I had an arm pull on the PC. But Steve emphasized the connection between the DL pull and the PC pull ("Knees first"). My cues were "Knees", "jump harder", and "explode".

So, training camps remain a cost effective way to get personal coaching to prevent form creep from sticking. You'll even get (and should welcome) feedback when you are warming up with squats. We all visit the technique forum here. It's much more instructive to watch others lift in real life compared to a form check video.
    Last edited by Charlocity2; 03-04-2013 at 05:33 PM. Reason: iPhone auto-correct

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12