starting strength gym
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Westminster, MD Level 2 March 28-30

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig D View Post
    I had the same level 1 question as Elizabeth G. We are swimming in Crossfit gyms in NOVA, but there is a shortage of S&C facilities in the area. Alexandria, VA to Westminster, MD is fairly close for a 2 day seminar so I guess I will just have to continue to monitor the SS page for updates.
    You should just come to the level 2. Be an SS coach in a sea of CrossFit gyms.

Question for Beau - I'm coming to the seminar at your gym - what's the ambient temperature like (usually) in your gym at the end of March.

I'm coming over from cold & rainy England, y'see, want to know how many layers to leave at home...

That's it - thanks in advance!

Rich

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Rowe View Post
    Question for Beau - I'm coming to the seminar at your gym - what's the ambient temperature like (usually) in your gym at the end of March.

I'm coming over from cold & rainy England, y'see, want to know how many layers to leave at home...

That's it - thanks in advance!

Rich
    Any other year this would have been an easy answer. This winter has been crazy. 60 degrees one day 30 degrees and a foot of snow the next.

I would say you will be good with a sweatshirt and similar pants. If we get back to normal days will be in the 50s. The gym will be at 60 or higher depending on how warm the days get.

During platform stuff shorts and a tshirt will be fine. Classroom stuff you may want long sleeves.

Yikes - that makes it colder than it is here in the UK!

Good to know - I was expecting to be overheating. I'll pack my warmest sweat pants...

[Sorry for the typical British obsession with the weather...]

Thanks again. See you next week!

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Rowe View Post
    Yikes - that makes it colder than it is here in the UK!

Good to know - I was expecting to be overheating. I'll pack my warmest sweat pants...

[Sorry for the typical British obsession with the weather...]
    Thanks again. See you next week!
    The weather today, 22 March is 70F. Tuesday, 25 march we are expecting a snow storm.

The weather is surely giving us the run-around this year - right now I have blazing sunshine beating down on my house, 20 minutes ago we had lumps of ice dropping out of the sky...

Plenty of thin layers are the answer, I think.

Snow storms at the end of March, jeez...

Thanks for a great time, guys. It might have been a little premature for me to be there, but the coaching was top-notch, and I learned a lot. I'll probably do the Level 2 again in a couple years if I can get some coaching experience under my belt.

starting strength coach development program
    Thanks also from me for a really great seminar, and thanks to you all for making me feel so welcome in your beautiful country.

Like Randall I also intend to get back to the gym (in like half an hour's time - because I managed to leave my belt behind).

Another seminar will be on the cards for me in the future - 2 years sounds about right!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123