starting strength gym
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: SS Seminar - Champaign, IL 11/7-11/9

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Schuant View Post
    Tom C, didn't you run one without Rip in Canada recently? Or was someone else officially in charge?

If so, will this be happening more often?
    I did and it will.

To bring things around a bit - -I will be in Champaign. Booyah!

Quote Originally Posted by Titan24 View Post
    Check out some of Champaign's bars if you want to relive your college days-- full of University of Illinois kids.
    I've lived here for years and they're not all that bad. Seven Saints, Blind Pig, Crane Alley if you're in Urbana are all decent.

http://sevensaintsbar.com/whiskey.html

Default Facility

Hello,

I'm really looking forward to this event next week! I'll be driving from Bloomington, IN. I booked a room at the Candlewood Suites which are apparently pretty close to the facility.

I've never been to an event like this so I'm wondering what people usually do about food. I plan on bringing meals, but do people usually stay and eat or leave for meals? I'm also wondering if this place has a microwave or fridge. Any guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance, Justin

It varies. Some do one or the other, many do both. A lot depends on how much, how often and how rigid each person is about what they eat.

If you have questions about the availability of appliances at the facility, contact them directly.

Haven't been on the forums in a great while. Hopped on to see if there were any starting strength seminars near me. Come to find out that one is being held in my home town (actually I grew up 20 minutes south but lived in CU for several years).

And wouldn't you know it I'll be in Jamaica next weekend for my 1 year anniversary. Damn my wife for getting in the way of my never ending pursuit of strength knowledge...

Just signed up and driving down from the Twin Cities. Really looking forward to it. Anyone find a better rate than La Quinta for $62 a night? Only 1 mile away from seminar site... I'm thinking any better than that probably requires pitching a tent.

I'll be in champaign this evening if anyone would like to grab a beer.

Quote Originally Posted by hopsluvr View Post
    Just signed up and driving down from the Twin Cities. Really looking forward to it. Anyone find a better rate than La Quinta for $62 a night? Only 1 mile away from seminar site... I'm thinking any better than that probably requires pitching a tent.
    Glad to hear at least one person is coming from the Twin Cities. I tried to spread the word around as much as I could.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianKing850 View Post
    I'll be in champaign this evening if anyone would like to grab a beer.
    Would have taken you up on it in a heart beat as I was planning on being there tonight. Unfortunately I woke up with a nasty cold, so I'm just laying low all day. Going to sleep in my own bed one more night, and then dead-head down there 8 hrs straight tomorrow. Hopefully I can get a rain-check on the beer until Fri or Sat night. See you tomorrow night!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234