Farmington, MI Squat Camp on 01-07-17 Farmington, MI Squat Camp on 01-07-17

starting strength gym
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Farmington, MI Squat Camp on 01-07-17

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Joliet, IL
    Posts
    116

    Default Farmington, MI Squat Camp on 01-07-17

    • wichita falls texas december seminar 2020
    • wichita falls texas february 2021 seminar
    • starting strength seminar april 2021
    My wife and I were interested in attending the squat camp being held in January 2017 in Michigan. We live outside of Chicago and were concerned about the weather interfering with the trip.

    I’ve read through some of the ‘Terms & Conditions’ and understand the tickets would be non-refundable; but would that also mean that they could not be used for the same event at a later date in the case of inclement weather preventing our road trip?

    Thank you for all you do!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,115

    Default

    No, they don't transfer to different events.

    Chicago S&C is likely to be holding events in the coming year. You might try contacting them to get a lead on their plans.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    175

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan B. View Post
    My wife and I were interested in attending the squat camp being held in January 2017 in Michigan. We live outside of Chicago and were concerned about the weather interfering with the trip.

    I’ve read through some of the ‘Terms & Conditions’ and understand the tickets would be non-refundable; but would that also mean that they could not be used for the same event at a later date in the case of inclement weather preventing our road trip?

    Thank you for all you do!
    It's only weather. I'm driving approximately the same distance as you and have "grown soft" since moving away from northern Ohio. If you're in Chicago, you should be a pro at driving in the Midwest winters.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Joliet, IL
    Posts
    116

    Default

    Thanks for the info, Stef!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Joliet, IL
    Posts
    116

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wb416 View Post
    It's only weather. I'm driving approximately the same distance as you and have "grown soft" since moving away from northern Ohio. If you're in Chicago, you should be a pro at driving in the Midwest winters.
    A "pro" at suburban thoroughfares for sure....long stretches of snowdrift-prone highways; not so much. Maybe I'm showing my age, but I'm a bit leery of multi-car pile-ups on Michigan highways. Which will, of course, totally NOT happen if I don't go....but will ABSOLUTELY happen if I do. My kinda luck.


  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,115

    Default

    Agree, Bryan. Snow/ice travel is mostly dependent on how well the highway dept makes it go away rather than any skill or driver prep. But even the best driver in the world dealing with the remnants is at the mercy of whoever the hell else shows up. That's the difficult part.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    175

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan B. View Post
    A "pro" at suburban thoroughfares for sure....long stretches of snowdrift-prone highways; not so much. Maybe I'm showing my age, but I'm a bit leery of multi-car pile-ups on Michigan highways. Which will, of course, totally NOT happen if I don't go....but will ABSOLUTELY happen if I do. My kinda luck.

    If you decide to go, I'll meet you there. I used to live near Toledo and did a lot of work in the Detroit area. SE Michigan always did a decent job with the roads, but I understand. I don't feel immortal anymore either.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Joliet, IL
    Posts
    116

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wb416 View Post
    If you decide to go, I'll meet you there. I used to live near Toledo and did a lot of work in the Detroit area. SE Michigan always did a decent job with the roads, but I understand. I don't feel immortal anymore either.
    Indeed. As it turns out, the training camp has been sold out. It sucks, but I comfort myself in knowing that the two 'maybe' spots I would've taken are now filled by two 'probably' people. Seems Sully and Chris host quite a few camps throughout the year....the Squat will come around again soon enough. I hope you have good time and fair weather for your road trip, wb! Lemme know how you liked it!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    175

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan B. View Post
    Indeed. As it turns out, the training camp has been sold out. It sucks, but I comfort myself in knowing that the two 'maybe' spots I would've taken are now filled by two 'probably' people. Seems Sully and Chris host quite a few camps throughout the year....the Squat will come around again soon enough. I hope you have good time and fair weather for your road trip, wb! Lemme know how you liked it!
    It was a great clinic. I got a lot of good cues and focused on how others were cued. We'll worth the drive!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Farmington Hills, MI
    Posts
    4,630

    Default

    starting strength coach development program
    Glad you could make it. It was a great group.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •