starting strength gym

Thread: Farmington, MI Squat Camp on 01-07-17

Default Farmington, MI Squat Camp on 01-07-17

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    My wife and I were interested in attending the squat camp being held in January 2017 in Michigan. We live outside of Chicago and were concerned about the weather interfering with the trip.

I’ve read through some of the ‘Terms & Conditions’ and understand the tickets would be non-refundable; but would that also mean that they could not be used for the same event at a later date in the case of inclement weather preventing our road trip?

Thank you for all you do!

No, they don't transfer to different events.

Chicago S&C is likely to be holding events in the coming year. You might try contacting them to get a lead on their plans.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan B. View Post
    My wife and I were interested in attending the squat camp being held in January 2017 in Michigan. We live outside of Chicago and were concerned about the weather interfering with the trip.

I’ve read through some of the ‘Terms & Conditions’ and understand the tickets would be non-refundable; but would that also mean that they could not be used for the same event at a later date in the case of inclement weather preventing our road trip?

Thank you for all you do!
    It's only weather. I'm driving approximately the same distance as you and have "grown soft" since moving away from northern Ohio. If you're in Chicago, you should be a pro at driving in the Midwest winters.

Thanks for the info, Stef!

Quote Originally Posted by wb416 View Post
    It's only weather. I'm driving approximately the same distance as you and have "grown soft" since moving away from northern Ohio. If you're in Chicago, you should be a pro at driving in the Midwest winters.
    A "pro" at suburban thoroughfares for sure....long stretches of snowdrift-prone highways; not so much. Maybe I'm showing my age, but I'm a bit leery of multi-car pile-ups on Michigan highways. Which will, of course, totally NOT happen if I don't go....but will ABSOLUTELY happen if I do. My kinda luck.

Agree, Bryan. Snow/ice travel is mostly dependent on how well the highway dept makes it go away rather than any skill or driver prep. But even the best driver in the world dealing with the remnants is at the mercy of whoever the hell else shows up. That's the difficult part.

A "pro" at suburban thoroughfares for sure....long stretches of snowdrift-prone highways; not so much. Maybe I'm showing my age, but I'm a bit leery of multi-car pile-ups on Michigan highways. Which will, of course, totally NOT happen if I don't go....but will ABSOLUTELY happen if I do. My kinda luck.

If you decide to go, I'll meet you there. I used to live near Toledo and did a lot of work in the Detroit area. SE Michigan always did a decent job with the roads, but I understand. I don't feel immortal anymore either.

Quote Originally Posted by wb416 View Post
    If you decide to go, I'll meet you there. I used to live near Toledo and did a lot of work in the Detroit area. SE Michigan always did a decent job with the roads, but I understand. I don't feel immortal anymore either.
    Indeed. As it turns out, the training camp has been sold out. It sucks, but I comfort myself in knowing that the two 'maybe' spots I would've taken are now filled by two 'probably' people. Seems Sully and Chris host quite a few camps throughout the year....the Squat will come around again soon enough. I hope you have good time and fair weather for your road trip, wb! Lemme know how you liked it!

Indeed. As it turns out, the training camp has been sold out. It sucks, but I comfort myself in knowing that the two 'maybe' spots I would've taken are now filled by two 'probably' people. Seems Sully and Chris host quite a few camps throughout the year....the Squat will come around again soon enough. I hope you have good time and fair weather for your road trip, wb! Lemme know how you liked it!
    It was a great clinic. I got a lot of good cues and focused on how others were cued. We'll worth the drive!

starting strength coach development program
    Glad you could make it. It was a great group.