starting strength gym

Thread: Boston, MA - Complete Seminar - September 27-29

Default Boston, MA - Complete Seminar - September 27-29

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    We're doing our first seminar in Boston at the end of September.

Cambridge Strength and Conditioning
    1 Broadway
    Arlington, MA 02474

Map and Directions
    Use the "directions" link above to search for nearby hotels and other information.

And check the Starting Strength Seminar Forum for additional help.

Program Schedule:
    Friday, 5-9 pm
    Saturday, 8 am - 8 pm, with a 1-hour break
    Sunday, 8 am - 7 pm, with a 1-hour break

For details and registration, click here

Any forum members signed up? I might be interested.

I wouldn't wait. This is the first one we're doing up there and there aren't a lot of spots left.

Hi Pete,

I'm just getting started on the program with zero weightlifting experience. (28 year old male, endurance runner, willing to give that up at least temporarily and gain weight and such.) I assume I'd be the weakest and least experience person in the room, but would this be appropriate for me? Major goal is to really learn these lifts so as to get stronger.

Also, I noticed in your signature you are a coach living in Orlando (Winter Park). Do you do coaching around here? I'd be very interested in learning more.

Quote Originally Posted by floridarunner View Post
    Hi Pete,

I'm just getting started on the program with zero weightlifting experience. (28 year old male, endurance runner, willing to give that up at least temporarily and gain weight and such.) I assume I'd be the weakest and least experience person in the room, but would this be appropriate for me? Major goal is to really learn these lifts so as to get stronger.

Also, I noticed in your signature you are a coach living in Orlando (Winter Park). Do you do coaching around here? I'd be very interested in learning more.
    Sure. We have folks come to the seminar that have never done the lifts, and some that are just starting out. The benefit being that you get to learn five lifts over the weekend while learning about the underlying theory and concepts that drive why the models of the lifts are what they are.

I have done very limited coaching since moving to the area, but that's because I've been traveling most of the summer. If you'd like to talk some more, feel free to email me at Pete.troupos@gmail.com and I'd be happy to talk.

Hey,

I am seriously considering attending the Starting Strength Seminar, September 27-29 : Boston, MA.
    My aim is to pass the Starting Strength Coach Requirements and ultimately become a Starting Strength Coach.
    I have been doing the Novice Program for some time now, coming from a Martial Arts background.

However, as I am originally from Bulgaria, I will be flying back home on 10.03.19.
    I read in the seminar description that the Oral Exam is delivered by video conference to the candidate.
    Also, Starting Strength Coach Exam results for those attempting the Starting Strength Coach certification are given via phone.

Will my being overseas be an impediment to the process?

Also, what is the deadline for paying the seminar fee in full and are there any spots left?

Finally, through what date is the Starting Strength Coach certificate valid?

Thank you!

Georgi Kazandzhiev

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by jozata View Post
    Will my being overseas be an impediment to the process?
    No.

Also, what is the deadline for paying the seminar fee in full and are there any spots left?
    The absolute deadline is before the seminar begins on Friday, if there are spots left. There are a few now. When they are gone, the store will show out of stock.

Finally, through what date is the Starting Strength Coach certificate valid?
    It continues as long as you keep up your maintenance requirements every two year period by keeping current with the method by audit, by meeting the coaching requirements, and insurance.