starting strength gym

Thread: Squat and deadlift camps--experience with lasting impacts anyone?

Smile Squat and deadlift camps--experience with lasting impacts anyone?

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Hello. My friend and I would like to attend a squat and deadlift camp. We live in CT, and I posted another thread asking if there will be any in the future in our area. I got a response that the camps are added as schedules permit, so I am looking forward to seeing if something gets set up in my area.

Anyway, for those who have attended the camps, are the impacts lasting? For example, I play golf, and when I am playing badly, I take a lesson from a local pro. Within 30 seconds, he makes some adjustments, and I am hitting it like Tiger Woods. Then about a month goes by, and I am back to my same old golf swing/abilities.

Although the golf swing may be more complex than squats and deadlifts, I am wondering if attendees at the camps find they have lasting impacts from the instruction. I assume so, since lifting is different from golf, but I was just curious.

I see that there's a squat and deadlift camp in Wichita Falls in August, but it looks like Rip teaches that one, and I'm not sure I want to go straight to the top with my first camp.

Quote Originally Posted by Clyde View Post
    Anyway, for those who have attended the camps, are the impacts lasting?
    Depends a lot on the individual. And if you and your friend can coach each other afterwards, putting a little synergy into the mix.

Quote Originally Posted by Clyde View Post
    I see that there's a squat and deadlift camp in Wichita Falls in August, but it looks like Rip teaches that one, and I'm not sure I want to go straight to the top with my first camp.
    Why not? It shouldn't surprise you when I remind you that he's head and shoulders above anyone else as a coach. Travel and time costs are legit reasons for staying more local and North Texas in August is for those who love to suffer, but if you can handle those, you should make the journey.

Quote Originally Posted by stef View Post
    North Texas in August is for those who love to suffer
    This may be my favorite thing I have read today.

Hey Clyde
    We've just posted a squat camp in Moodus, CT with Starting Strength Coach Cody Annino if you're interested. Only 6 spots for this one.
    Moodus, CT Squat Camp | The Aasgaard Company

I highly recommend attending a SS Squat & Deadlift Camp when you can. I went to the one at Fivex3 Training in Baltimore earlier this month and it was a huge help. Great people and super helpful corrections to both lifts. They sent videos of the last sets for both lifts and I have since watched them at least 20 times each.

Will the helps last? If you are determined to take what you learned into each and every set, warm-up and working, from here on out, I am positive it will. That said, I am looking to get back for another personal session soon to reinforce what I learned. I will take my 16 year old soon with me when I do. I suspect I will want to do so at least a couple times a year. Not convenient coming from northern Virginia, but much less convenient is bad form leading to set backs, injury, and frustration. I consider it a long-term investment in my health and well being -- heck, my quality of life -- and it is paying off already.

Just got back from my second squat and deadlift camp. First one was two years ago. Do not overthink it. It is so worth the money it is underpriced. I took my son with me this time.

Trust me, go. If you are at all serious or even mildly interested I. The program and your training just sign up and go.

It’s not just the coaching under the bar. It’s the classroom how and why and the Q and A at the end is unbelievable.

I almost missed out on some great thing in life when I sat there and procrastinated and overthought things. Sometimes you have to pull the trigger.

Quote Originally Posted by TommyGun View Post
    Just got back from my second squat and deadlift camp. First one was two years ago. Do not overthink it. It is so worth the money it is underpriced. I took my son with me this time.

Trust me, go. If you are at all serious or even mildly interested I. The program and your training just sign up and go.

It’s not just the coaching under the bar. It’s the classroom how and why and the Q and A at the end is unbelievable.

I almost missed out on some great thing in life when I sat there and procrastinated and overthought things. Sometimes you have to pull the trigger.
    Thanks Tom
    It was great seeing you again and having the opportunity to help coach your boy.

In 2016 I went to a deadlift and power clean camp in Chicago that's was coached by Karl Schudt, Dave Abdemoulaie, and Bill Coyne. Their feedback helped my power clean and inspired me to pursue the Starting Strength Coach's credential.

I have a related question. What’s this new camp, “The Self Sufficient Lifter”? I can’t find any info using the search on the site.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by dazale View Post
    I have a related question. What’s this new camp, “The Self Sufficient Lifter”? I can’t find any info using the search on the site.
    Best option it to follow the links that go to these camps: SS Lifter July, SS Lifter August