starting strength gym

Thread: Wichita Falls, TX -Self-Sufficient Lifter Camp - Aug 15 *NEW CAMP FORMAT*

Default Wichita Falls, TX -Self-Sufficient Lifter Camp - Aug 15 *NEW CAMP FORMAT*

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Spend the day with Nick and Rip learning the Squat, Press, and Deadlift and how to self-evaluate your lifts while training in your garage or commercial gym without a coach.

The camp will be focused on getting you doing the lifts correctly while making sure you understand key coaching points in the lifts so you can systematically evaluate your own lifting. We will teach the lifts, teach how to video yourself doing the lifts, and what to look for in your own video review. We will spend some time reviewing video from the platform sessions so that you can see areas to focus on and improve in your own lifting and in your ability to review your videos.

Attendees at the camp will receive a packet of material including answers to commonly asked questions, general programming information, additional resources and tips for continuing training as a self-sufficient lifter.

Date & Location:
    Saturday, August 15, 2020
    10 am – 7:00 pm

Wichita Falls Athletic Club
    3118 Buchanan St
    Wichita Falls, TX 76308

For details and registration info, click here.
    Last edited by Pete Troupos; 05-28-2020 at 08:52 PM.

The focus of this camp is to evaluate our own lifts. I was just at the June SS seminar. Is there much content that wasn't in the seminar, aside from maybe camera angles?

I'm registered for this seminar and looking forward to it. I'll be driving from Cincinnati, Ohio. I keep bouncing off a rubber ceiling. Time to get rid of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherry Gay View Post
    The focus of this camp is to evaluate our own lifts. I was just at the June SS seminar. Is there much content that wasn't in the seminar, aside from maybe camera angles?
    Hey Sherry. The material in terms of the lifts is the same, just that it's presented much differently. We're not teaching the lifts so much as teaching you how to think about evaluating your own lifting. During the platform session, instead of going through the teaching method, I hit the highlights and spent a lot of time talking about specific parts of the lift to focus on. We had quite a few folks who had been to a seminar before come and they told me they got quite a bit out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Delgadillo View Post
    Hey Sherry. The material in terms of the lifts is the same, just that it's presented much differently. We're not teaching the lifts so much as teaching you how to think about evaluating your own lifting. During the platform session, instead of going through the teaching method, I hit the highlights and spent a lot of time talking about specific parts of the lift to focus on. We had quite a few folks who had been to a seminar before come and they told me they got quite a bit out of it.
    That sounds good, Nick. I think this is my next step. I'll see you there.

Brainmuffin, I'll see you there too.

starting strength coach development program
    Excellent. You guys will like it.