starting strength gym

Thread: WFAC Strength Meet April 20, 2019

Default WFAC Strength Meet April 20, 2019

Thanks for doing this, Jordan. Here's a signup link and thread for questions about the WFAC Spring Meet in April.

2019 WFAC Strengthlifting Challenge Tickets, Sat, Apr 20, 2019 at 10:00 AM | Eventbrite

Looking forward to interacting with the community. Thanks for the link!

Was curious what sort of Barbell will be used at the competition? I have access to a Texas power bar. Little late in the game to buy an entirely new Barbell but my gym owner is pretty good about investing in new bars and equipment for the gym and Iíd like to think Iíll be up to do more USSF meets after this one.

Was also curious if their is a fee for spectators to come watch? Sorry if this has been addressed and Iíve missed this. First time Iíve been able to compete remotely close to my hometown (Graham, TX) and am hoping a few family members come up.

The equipment will be a Starting Strength Bar and calibrated Eleiko and Rogue kilo meet plates, and a Texas Strength Systems competition jack rack. At our meets in WF, there is no door fee for spectators.

Thanks Mark. Excited to return to WFAC. Trained there in 2010 under Justin Lascek, Josh Wells and Juli. Starting Strength saved my wrestling career from a number of really bad nagging back injuries that virtually disappeared as my squat and deadlift got stronger.