2019 USSF Spring Challenge - Chicago IL - April 27th 2019 USSF Spring Challenge - Chicago IL - April 27th

starting strength gym
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2019 USSF Spring Challenge - Chicago IL - April 27th

I've registered for this April event. I plan to do a straight bar squat for the first time and this will be my fifth competition. It won't be much because I cannot get and keep the bar down and have been working on it for 6 years but I can't use the safety bar. I am 72 but am determined.

Wishing you the best of luck Carson! Its going to be a great event. I'm assuming you found a coach to try to help you get the bar in a better position?

I've been working with Dr. Sullivan for 6 years. After 8 months of failure we switched to the safety bar and I can lift 267 for a single. With the straight bar I can barely keep my fingers on the bar and it rolls up. Stretching has done some good but not much. I assume the bar will roll up maybe on my neck. That is why I may do 3 squats with the empty bar. I'm only 72. I just keep trying. I'm hoping for a 386 on the Deadlift.

Hey Carson, in case you missed the response on the "sumo thread." It was simply an April Fools joke my friend. Wishing you all the best in hitting that 386 deadlift. That will be awesome! Make sure to get at video and submit on the USSF website for a feature!

Jordan, You have a great sense of humor. Good going.

Are the Chicago Flights or schedule been created yet. I have friends who wish to come and watch. When the us old tottering codgers get to lift?

Hey Carson, reach out to David A. the event director. Usually flights are not created till shortly before the event if not right before in many cases.

I will link his website for your convenience: David Abdemoulaie | Chicago Strength & Conditioning

Quote Originally Posted by carson View Post
    That is why I may do 3 squats with the empty bar.
    Hey Carson, you only need to do one empty bar squat below parallel that's given a 'good lift' by the judges to be in the meet. One good attempt per lift qualifies you for a total.
    YT * IG * FB

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast