starting strength gym
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Rockwood Athlete PL Template

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024

LBBS 265x3@10, 235x3@8.5
    Sumo Deadlift 315x1@7.5, 315x3@8.5, 315x3@9

pretty much shut it all down tonight. Squat was absolute garbage and I have no idea why. Am I losing my rhythm doing most of my squatting with the SSB? Or is the SSB causing more fatigue than I think it is, therefore effecting this workout? For real, 265x3@10.. would've been a 9.5, but I hit the safety on the right side (fucking twisting squat). That kind of fucked my back for the rest of the workout.

Bench (TNG) 190x5x5@8.5,8,8,9.5,10.67
    4-5mins rest

DB Bench (feet up) 50x3x12@8,8.5,9
    2mins rest

Band Pushdowns 2x20

Airdyne 30s @ ~60% : 30s @ ~80% x 9

nearing PR territory for bench, 10lbs lighter bw

first set my right hamstring was cramping really bad, subsqeuent sets didnt feel as hard and were slightly faster

last set missed 5th rep at .13m/s, considering my minV is .14m/s, I suppose that makes sense. I had gotten through ~1/3 of my ROM before missing, so I'm calling that a @10.67

will repeat next week.. I'm sure I could've gotten it with 5 minutes rest for all sets.

SSB Squat 220x5x5@7.5,8,8,8,8.5
    4-6mins rest

CSR 62.5x3x8@8.5,9,10
    2mins rest

Lat Pulldown 160x12, 160x10

GHR 2x8

got caught up in convo between squats so rested longer than normal

Pause Bench 200x3@9, 200x3@10, 192x3@10
    4-5mins rest

Press 105x5x5@7,7,7,7.5,8
    3mins rest

bettterrrrrrr, but harder
    Seated DB Curlz 20x3x12

Sumo Deadlift 275x3, 315x3@8, 335x3@8.5, 335@8.5, 315x3@8.5

Paused SSB Squats 170x3, 200x3x3@8,8,8

Neutral Grip Chins x10, x8, x5

over any kind of barbell squats right now, so went to IFAST tonight

my SSB and fat bar are supposed to finally be here today

also, accepted a new job at a different company, so no more working downtown.

the whole reason I quit going to IFAST was that i
    1) moved
    2) started working downtown

to drive from work to IFAST, then back to my new house was terrible, so I did the home gym thing

then, I sold my house and moved in with my (now) fiance, which is like 5 mins from IFAST

but, I still had the downtown commute. so, we moved my gym to the garage and expanded

now, I have more gym equipment, and I live 5 mins from IFAST, and I'll pass it on my way home from my new job every day

also, my new job has a fitness center with some Rogue stuff... at least a Rogue rack, bar (not sure which), and bumpers.

I have too many options now and dont know what to do

also, I'm hungover after 6 beers last night (well, IPAs at least) #thisis30
    Last edited by gtl; 12-10-2016 at 09:03 AM. Reason: fixed date

Quote Originally Posted by gtl View Post
    my SSB and fat bar are supposed to finally be here today

also, accepted a new job at a different company, so no more working downtown.

the whole reason I quit going to IFAST was that i
    1) moved
    2) started working downtown

to drive from work to IFAST, then back to my new house was terrible, so I did the home gym thing

then, I sold my house and moved in with my (now) fiance, which is like 5 mins from IFAST

but, I still had the downtown commute. so, we moved my gym to the garage and expanded

now, I have more gym equipment, and I live 5 mins from IFAST, and I'll pass it on my way home from my new job every day

also, my new job has a fitness center with some Rogue stuff... at least a Rogue rack, bar (not sure which), and bumpers.

I have too many options now and dont know what to do
    Congrats on the new job!

That's pretty awesome to have options as to where to train. Sometimes I wish I had a black iron gym I could drop in at every now and then to lift around other people. Also, in the winter it would be nice to have heat. I've considered my company gym which is pretty shitty as far as barbells, racks, etc, but it's heated and fairly inexpensive.

also, I'm hungover after 6 beers last night (well, IPAs at least) #thisis30
    I'm with you there. Feeling a little slow this morning after 4 beers last night. One of them was Dogfish Head 120 minute (18% ABV), so I don't feel that bad.

Quote Originally Posted by manveer View Post
    Congrats on the new job!
    Thanks, man. I'm pretty excited.

That's pretty awesome to have options as to where to train. Sometimes I wish I had a black iron gym I could drop in at every now and then to lift around other people. Also, in the winter it would be nice to have heat. I've considered my company gym which is pretty shitty as far as barbells, racks, etc, but it's heated and fairly inexpensive.
    Yeah, my garage isn't bad with the heater I bought (and the expensive electrician job). It takes 15-20 mins to get warm, and when it's warm, it's good to go.

IFAST is pretty awesome (both the people and the gym). We may not see eye to eye on a lot of things, but they know their stuff, have their own approach, clients have different goals, etc. Plus, they have all sorts of cool shit.

I'm not sure I could really train at work. I'm just not sure I could really get that into it in that kind of environment. But, we'll see.

I'm with you there. Feeling a little slow this morning after 4 beers last night. One of them was Dogfish Head 120 minute (18% ABV), so I don't feel that bad.
    18%? Was it any good? I've only had the 60/90 mins from Dogfish.

I don't drink that much or that often anymore. A couple of beers or a few glasses of wine 1-2 nights a week max. We were out celebrating last night and my age is definitely showing. A few years ago, this was an every weekend kind of thing. A few years before that, it was the same frequency and probably double the alcohol. I don't know how I did it.

A whole lot of great news! Congrats on the new job

Working closer to home helps... a lot!

Like Manveer, I also wish there were a decently close black iron gym that I could do drop ins from time to time. There's one that isn't that far, but far enough that it wouldn't be worth my time to go there.

Regarding drinking: I'm with you - no idea how I managed during my early - mid 20's to consume all that booze...

18%? Was it any good? I've only had the 60/90 mins from Dogfish.

I don't drink that much or that often anymore. A couple of beers or a few glasses of wine 1-2 nights a week max. We were out celebrating last night and my age is definitely showing. A few years ago, this was an every weekend kind of thing. A few years before that, it was the same frequency and probably double the alcohol. I don't know how I did it.
    Yeah, it is good. Very easy to drink, so easy to get in trouble if you don't know it's 18% (used to be 21% at one time).

I don't drink that much now either. This past week was an exception. Went out during the week to socialize a couple of times. Friend was in town for an interview so had more drinks than intended on Friday. I used to be able to handle a lot more, but now it's not worth feeling shitty all the next day (plus it steals gainzZz).

I'll be in Indy on Wednesday, but only for a few hours for a meeting. Might be back next year for an overnight stay and I can train at IFAST.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahendra View Post
    A whole lot of great news! Congrats on the new job

Working closer to home helps... a lot!

Like Manveer, I also wish there were a decently close black iron gym that I could do drop ins from time to time. There's one that isn't that far, but far enough that it wouldn't be worth my time to go there.

Regarding drinking: I'm with you - no idea how I managed during my early - mid 20's to consume all that booze...
    Thanks Mahendra!

My commute will go from a minimum of 30 mins to a wildcard up to an hour due to traffic to ~20 mins... and bad traffic maybe adding another 10. This is just in time for winter

As far as drinking goes, I felt exhausted all day yesterday. Woof. Glad to get ~9 hours of sleep last night.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast