starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What is your experience with the 3200mg a day ibuprofen deal

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by edjohnson View Post
    tendinitis like symptoms
    There are several problems that can produce similar symptoms. My go-to treatment is looking for trigger points that are referring pain to the area that hurts. This works a high percentage of the time.

I love it. When i get pain, if its great enough, i take 4-200 mg ibu 4x a day. I try not to take it that much. But once when I had a tooth ache over 4th of July weekend I had to have something to take the pain away. 3200 mg of ibu and Makers Mark did the trick till I could get a root canal.

I was doing 800mg 3xdaily ibuprofen for 4 days then switched to 500mb naproxen 2xdaily and it helped me.

Quote Originally Posted by edjohnson View Post
    Im on day three for tendinitis like symptoms and general soreness and have literally zero relief.

No time or money for massages and most places around here are probably tai brothels anyway.
    I know I have seen that recommended around these places, but it just seems like a good path to early dialysis to me. If it's a toothache I'd take something harder anyway, but for tendinitis? Drugs can't solve what is probably a form issue and if it's general soreness causing that much discomfort you are probably having recovery issues or have AIDS.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Carnivroar View Post
    That's 16 pills. WTF. Just take fish oil to prevent long term chronic inflammation.
    The counter-argument to this would be that the rx for "prevention of a future injury" and "treatment of a current injury" might not be the same.

Also I don't think anyone is advocating that you take Ibuprofen every day for the rest of your life. Viewing it as "Vitamin I" can mess up your stomach

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12