starting strength gym
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Adidas shoe

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by krazyduck View Post
    I'm an expert on this because I own them for 3 months. My mileage doesn't vary.
    I've used the powerlifts as well. Looks snazzier than the rogues. the powerlifts are no sloth in the quality department. And the heels are definitely not squishy.

I see. I've heard conflicting things about the powerlifts, that due to the lack of wood heel they are possibly not the best for heavy loads.

Jack Reape likes them andhas some videos squatting lik 4-500 lbs in them IIRC.

There are lifters here who use them to squat a *lot* more than 4-500 lbs. And have for years.

Quote Originally Posted by hbriem View Post
    There are lifters here who use them to squat a *lot* more than 4-500 lbs. And have for years.
    Well cool. I may be wrong.

I had the power perfect IIs which are supposed to have a denser EVA heel than the powerlifts, and even though they were solid in the middle, I could still compress the outer edges of the heel. I definitely noticed it was easier to rock on to the outside of the foot when shoving my knees out in the PPIIs vs my new shoes which have a rock solid heel.

Mine took three years before they got a bit squishy and even then they werent all that bad.

Those new ones look shit. I reckon Adidas didnt consult K Starr and just jumped on what all the new buzz words were.

Quote Originally Posted by Josiah Moye View Post
    Looks like it has the same shitty squishy heel material as the Powerlifts. Meh.
    I've seen a few people say this, including Rip. I know a few people who own the powerlifts, and after seeing Rip say the heel is squishy we went and checked it; it's not squishy at all. I'm confused how people seem to think the heel is squishy. I compared the heel to my Rogue Rips and it feels the same.

If this whole squishy thing is that big of a deal, how do people squat so much in chucks? It's basically squatting on a pillow compared to the powerlifts.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by krazyduck View Post
    If this whole squishy thing is that big of a deal, how do people squat so much in chucks? It's basically squatting on a pillow compared to the powerlifts.
    I squatted in chucks a while back to test out squatting without a heel, and I found I could squat pretty much the same amount as in weightlifting shoes. The difference came in feel and how much my foot would shift around, which was incredibly off putting in the chucks.

http://postimg.org/image/vmrizy1i5/

There's a comparison between chucks, PP2s, and Romaleos 2, all taken whilst squatting. Chucks break off the ground significantly, PP2s slightly (mostly from midfoot to toebox, it's much more noticeable on video), and the romaleos don't budge.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast