starting strength gym
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Belts

Default Best Belts

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Rip, I know this isn't a question for you so I understand if you don't allow it.

This is just an FYI for anyone that is looking to purchase a new belt. You may have noticed that the website for Best Belts is down. I needed a belt and based on Tbone's review decided that I wanted a Best Belt. I found the phone number online and left a message. Dean called me back that night. He informed me that his wife has been I'll and in the hospital. They are a very small company of which she is an integral part. Dean told me that she is currently getting better, and that he would take my order over the phone and I could pay by money order. At first I balked at this because I had never ordered from them, and I'm a little overly hesitant about such things. However, I spoke to him on Thursday and received my belt on Saturday! From NC to NV no less.
    Dean told me that they plan on remaining in business and if any one needs a belt they can call and leave a message like I did until his wife is back she can get the website and PayPal back up. So if you want to call Dean his number is 336-591-7159.

Maybe this will help him out.

I bought one of their belts back in March and can't recommend them enough. They custom sized it for me since my waist was between their standard sizes. For the price they charge, I don't think they can be beat.

Not sure why their website is down, but here's an archive of it if anybody wants to see the belts.
    Just don't try to order from the archive- it wont work.
    http://web.archive.org/web/201101080...bestbelts.net/

Thanks for the archive post, but did you read the OP? The site is down because the gal that keeps it running is not there to do it. If you guys order from Dean, be understanding about him doing this by himself.

I think about this all the time: Stef runs the whole business -- website, store, shipping, Amazon interface, book inventory, everything you see here -- and if something happened to her, I'd be GONE. My best wishes for Jackie's speedy recovery.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Thanks for the archive post, but did you read the OP? The site is down because the gal that keeps it running is not there to do it. If you guys order from Dean, be understanding about him doing this by himself.
    I believe bueller provided that link so that we have something to use to view and familiarize ourselves with product without having to call Dean and harass him.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    I think about this all the time: Stef runs the whole business -- website, store, shipping, Amazon interface, book inventory, everything you see here -- and if something happened to her, I'd be GONE. My best wishes for Jackie's speedy recovery.
    And she's way cool about it, too. I once expressed a sort of nonspecific all-purpose "thanks for all you do, stef." Her response: "I don't really do all that much," or words to that effect. She's a gem, for sure.

Ditto on best wishes for Jackie and Dean.

I cross posted this on the crossfit forums (I know) to hopefully get him some more business. They were asking about him over there and I figured he could use the extra cash. As said above he makes some very quality affordable belts.

With that recommendation from Mark, Stef you should ask for a raise!!

starting strength coach development program
    When I ordered my belt, it was a custom size, and I believe it was shipped the next day or the day after. Jackie sent an email to follow up to make sure that it worked for me. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend their belts. I hope Jackie is better soon.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast