starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gus is Pressing

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    It's great stuff, well and truly. I mentioned a while ago the 91-year-old woman here in New Zealand who is a member of an "older" person's gym, and as wonderful as it was to see (and I suppose I'm nitpicking somewhat here), it was still all machines. It's as though the idea of free weights -- barbells -- just still isn't viewed as anything other than niche equipment for the more able-bodied. It's all pulleys and levers.

I know this is faint praise, but all you guys and girls at WFAC, as well as all the SS gyms are doing something really, really important by stressing the use of the barbell for older folks. It's a pleasure to witness.

Props to her trainer. She obviously takes great care keeping her safe, while getting her stronger.

Nice. She's pressing more than I am.

Quote Originally Posted by Hank View Post
    I think Gus needs her own T-shirt with some snappy phrase on it.

Maybe something like ".....because you're weak, that's why!"

In all seriousness, I think what Gus is doing is great. And I think the perfect avenue to promote these clips and SS is at "Assisted Living" places.
    No kidding - look at how something as simple as the Wii was so warmly received by so many AL facilities ~10 years ago. Older folks were having a ball getting out of their chairs and playing simulated bowling, simulated darts, etc. If these folks are starving this much for physical activity, trainers have their work cut out for them.

Congrats on the PR Gus, you inspire so many people. I will be passing this on to those cold and timid souls who all tell me "they can't."

In case Gus is thinking of taking up track & field: http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p02lmykh

starting strength coach development program
    Please pass on my absolute admiration and congratulations to Gus, and her Coach too. Smart modifications like the use of the rack are really helpful to see. Really great stuff.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12