starting strength gym
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Stress urinary incontinence during squats in women

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Reviving this thread to say that I am finding it all very reassuring, after I left a puddle on the platform in my first coaching session with Sarah last weekend.
    Getting on the Kegels and Divacup train ASAP.

Anyone tried http://www.dearkates.com/?

Quote Originally Posted by MissusTufnel View Post
    Reviving this thread to say that I am finding it all very reassuring, after I left a puddle on the platform in my first coaching session with Sarah last weekend.
    Getting on the Kegels and Divacup train ASAP.

Anyone tried http://www.dearkates.com/?
    Dear Kate's are awesome. They won't stop a full on waterfall, but for teensy accidents they are perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by melody View Post
    Dear Kate's are awesome. They won't stop a full on waterfall, but for teensy accidents they are perfect.
    You can try this code and see if it still gets you 20% off at Dear Kate: XOLeahLutz

And yes, they gave me ambassador cards...:-) Haha!

So I guess I'm getting myself some piddle panties for Christmas.
    Most sensible splurge ever!
    Thanks, Leah!!! ($9 off a single pair! Woo!)

Glad it worked! Merry Christmas!! Haha

Just recently I experienced a tiny pee coming up from the hole in a (heavy at the time) squat. It sure was a surprise at the time because my bladder wasn't full. Maybe 1 teaspoon came out? This is the first time I can recall any incontinence since I was pregnant, 22 years ago, starting late in my 2nd trimester (twins).
    I attribute the leakage to recent changes in my squat: all are now belted, with a forceful bearing down/pressing out against the belt.
    Which these changes have been absolutely fantastic to help free my lumbar from whatever had it in that pit bull jaw death grip! I totally will trade a little damp undies in the exchange!
    However, I have to ask, since this thread went NC-17 pages ago, are we all certain the fluid being discharged is always definitely urine? My recent experience has been that when I have a leak, my bladder is not full (different story when I was pregnant). I have to wonder if it is possible in some cases that there could be a discharge from the Skene's glands, which are located near the cervix. These glands secrete a thin fluid that is not urine, but it is thin liquid more similar to the consistency of urine than to the other stuff that comes from the vulva.
    A little rant: If a similar percentage of the adult male population had this problem, there would be more scientific studies, the cause(s) would be much better understood, and as a result, the treatment options would be better and more plentiful.

For sure pee.

Quote Originally Posted by pokie1313 View Post
    A little rant: If a similar percentage of the adult male population had this problem, there would be more scientific studies, the cause(s) would be much better understood, and as a result, the treatment options would be better and more plentiful.
    You forget: our underwear is thicker, denser, and more functional than yours. It would absorb the fuck out of that pee and you and I would be none the wiser.

Probably didn't need to revive this old thread, though.

Just a little PSA:

Probably don't have to take it as far as this gal, but no reason to suffer from a treatable condition, either. Especially when the treatment is neither surgical nor medical

http://gizmodo.com/i-toned-my-weak-v...lob-1694574723

starting strength coach development program
    Time to resurrect this old post once again, I'm not going to apologize, either.
    I'm reporting back after a year of pelvic floor training. I did not have huge problem, but occasionally I would get a little leak coming out of a heavy squat, during chin-ups/pull-ups, or presses.
    The work I did helped almost immediately, and I continue to improve.
    I started using a product called "Gyneflex", and I started with the pink set (medium strength). Several times a week I kegel while brushing my teeth and taking my curlers out, takes 10 minutes, and I use an interval training app to use a variety of exercises.
    I just graduated to the higher resistance blue set.
    Leakage is no longer a problem for me, except for the week before my period. And that time is really more like a feeling that I will have a problem. The region just feels different then, can't imagine why (*sarcasm*).
    Anyway, my issue has diminished quite a bit by consistently training the pelvic floor muscles using resistance. N=1.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast