starting strength gym
Page 70 of 70 FirstFirst ... 2060686970

Thread: K.Diesel's powerlifting and other training - 2009 and beyond

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by K.Diesel View Post
    Things have been going well, but at a price in terms of time and attention. It has taken quite a bit of focus to keep training but here are the major life updates:

* Lost a vehicle in a wild hit & run accident outside of our house. Guy flipped his girlfriend's car over and into our parked SUV, then ran off before police or I could get him. Bought another one, paid in full. No injuries, but it was the proverbial big headache.

* Graduated from Baltimore City Community College with an associate's degree in general studies. Enrolled in University of MD University College. Will major in accounting with a minor in business administration. Classes start in 2 weeks.

* Daughter is 7 with a schedule that seems like a teenager's. 2 year old son is a handful and then some.

* Last but not least, my wife is pregnant with our 3rd child, a girl. Baby is due December 4. To make it trickier, she was injured at work in a freak accident with a broken office chair. The baby is fine, but she has been in a lot of pain which has a trickle down effect.

With that on top of my normal 45-55 hours per week delivering mail, I managed to train and get ready for a meet last Saturday (8/18), and it turned out to be my best ever! My training in the weeks leading up to the meet included Smolov Jr. for the bench press.

Weighed in at 94 kg (207.2 lbs), which was my first PR of the day. Here's the video summary.

In a case of perfect timing, after my best meet ever - I'm going to Disney World! Of course we already planned this trip, but it works out great. I've played around in the gym twice since the meet, but nothing more than active rest type stuff. Training for USAPL MD States (November 10) begins on Labor Day. I'll have 9 weeks to train, then meet week. I'm doing this one in single-ply gear.
    So much awesomeness.

starting strength coach development program
    The Diesel is back!

Page 70 of 70 FirstFirst ... 2060686970