starting strength gym
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Kit-Brothel

• starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    Yesterday I did cable curls 5x10, curls 4x10, triceps 5x10 and 2 sets of neck work. Probably due a few days off since my weekend is uncharacteristically booked with social things.

Hangover wasn't too bad and I escaped with a bottle opening injury on my right hand, an orange juice carton opening injury on my left hand and the rather tender imprint of a set of teeth on my leg.

I didn't have much energy though so I just stuck to my main assistance exercises and did some abs while I was waiting for the bench.

Barbell row
    all sets of 8

4x10 kneeling ab roller. I was going to do 5x10 but I felt a strong burn on about the seventh rep of the last set so I finished that off and stopped. Ab exercises with a significant negative seem to give all the CF kids rhabdo and I did drink quite a lot. Not enough to program like Assman though. Ha har.

Incline DBs
    176 x 8
    176 x 6

How do I get my hands on a copy of Andy Bolton's training DVD?

sign of a good night...

Quote Originally Posted by George Noble View Post
    ... and the rather tender imprint of a set of teeth on my leg...

Geoff - I quite agree. With that said my preferred form of courtship is along the lines of "I like your leg so I will stroke it seductively" as opposed to "I like your leg so I will do my utmost to take a chunk of it home with me."

But beggars can't be choosers.

I just got back from a meal in which one of my friends cooked the most spectacular, gorgeous tasting ham I have ever had. I don't even like ham that much and I'd say it's among my least favourite meat, but I could have eaten the whole thing. I will try and get a recipe video type thing up so that the faithful followers of my log can get their due.

Seriously every day you go without this stuff is a wasted day of your life.

Quote Originally Posted by you
    Another interesting irony: on Iron Addict's site there's a movement to get bodybuilders to train like powerlifters and elsewhere in the actual powerlifting community there are guys who think novice powerlifters should train like bodybuilders to get big enough to lift some weight. What?
    Could you elaborate on this please? Just curious.

I'm not sure how much I can elaborate on it, but Matt Rhodes posted a novice training article talking about using higher reps because novices are too small. I couldn't find it to link to it but it was on Elite. Also DE gets replaced by RE in novice WSB style templates (like DeFranco's) for the same reason. I wasn't trying to make a point, I just thought it was interesting. And nobody really advocates the typical magazine style BB 5 day split routine.

Today I push pressed 198 for 2 reps in elbow sleeves, wrist wraps and belt. Backed off with 154 for 2x5 in just the sleeves then worked up to a 330x8 squat in sleeves and belt. Press was 9 or 10 RPE and squat was about 8.

starting strength coach development program
    Rack pulls
    belt
    396 x 3
    440 x 3
    484 x 3

DB press
    wrist wraps
    187 x 6
    187 x 6
    187 x 6

Machine JM style press