starting strength gym
Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Cloud's Get Strong Log

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    • starting strength seminar february 2025
    ATTN: Seattle/WA folks - just bought my ticket for June 15th-23rd. Get ready, suckas.

What if I'm a Buckley/WA folk? Seattle is way too gay and major 90's small. Regaurdless, copious amounts of beer and meat must be consumed.

Quote Originally Posted by kittenSmash View Post
    What if I'm a Buckley/WA folk? Seattle is way too gay and major 90's small. Regaurdless, copious amounts of beer and meat must be consumed.
    He's right, dude, Seattle is a pretty '90s Small city.

Edit: Then again I'm from the Bay Area, so I shouldn't talk.

Quote Originally Posted by kittenSmash View Post

....I guess I might be able to fit you in. Also, we might go whitewater rafting up near Leavenworth on the 19th, and camp in the area...sounds like a good time for mead, eh?

Mini-me, Seattle isn't quite as bad as the Bay Area (which I will be traveling to soon as well). Luckily both have decent strength-oriented CF boxe$, and I know of several legit PL gyms in the Seattle area. Luckily, I still have a membership to Eastside Gym and plan on punking Alex Bond in person if he doesn't hurry up and respond to this.

HPG ~1:15pm

OHP: 75kg (+1kg) x5,5,5 *PR*

Press Starts: 100kg x3,3,3,3,3 (not quite to eyes; need to stay at this weight I think and get it a little higher...maybe do these to a pin in a cage?)

Push Press: 70x5, 100x1, 105xF, F, dropped the bar, PC'd it, racked it, and then got a rep(!) *PR*, then 70x10 (quickly)

Krocs: 90lbs (+5)x25/arm

Good day in the gym. Met a really strong Oly lifter, got a few PRs, and did some extra work in preparation for being out of the gym for a week. The PR's took serious effort - that last rep of OHP didn't want to happen, but I beat the snot out of it. Great week of training. I'm curious to see how I feel when I get back from camping for a week...hopefully the "rest" will do me good and I'll come back and keep up the PRs for awhile, and I'll be able to start working in deads right away.

Quote Originally Posted by jacob cloud View Post
    Luckily, I still have a membership to Eastside Gym and plan on punking Alex Bond in person if he doesn't hurry up and respond to this.
    I'd be down to get in a workout together while you are up here. I am seriously falling down on gym stuff - my new job is pretty demanding on time and I get pretty much one gym visit a week. We'll work something out, though.

Looking forward to it, dude. Luckily, I bought a year-long membership, so I can go back for freeeeeeeeeeeee!

Also, just looked at your FB pics. If you don't win the 70sbig before/after contest this month, I'll drink soy milk on a stability ball. Srsly. Get a good after pic, hoss.

Quote Originally Posted by jacob cloud View Post
    Looking forward to it, dude. Luckily, I bought a year-long membership, so I can go back for freeeeeeeeeeeee!

Also, just looked at your FB pics. If you don't win the 70sbig before/after contest this month, I'll drink soy milk on a stability ball. Srsly. Get a good after pic, hoss.
    I'll spend an hour or so practicing my double biceps pose, the pics will be even hotter than this. Well, maybe.

Spent almost a week in Big Bend, did some hiking, backpacking, and a lot of sweating in the desert. Spent more time than I care to admit picturing the video provided by Alex. No bears to wrestle, someone must have warned them. Fatty in the desert: http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-..._2684015_n.jpg

Back home for a couple days before I hit Seattle for 8 days. So my training is kinda out the window during this time, but I wanted to get in some work at least and see how I felt, specifically, my lower trap injury thing.

6.13 HPG 3:45pm

BP: 225 5x5 - wanted to do a bit lighter weight since I missed 3 workouts, and made up for it with a bit of extra volume. Not too hard, but probably harder/slower than it should have been.

PC: Lots and lots of warmups and singles. Worked up to 110kg, failed a couple times (slow elbows, no catch), then finally got it to tie my PR from about 2 months ago. Decided to put on 115kg (~253lbs) and failed at least half a dozen times before finally getting it for an all-time PR I believe. Used a cheesegrader bar and nearly ripped off my callouses again, but was too hardheaded to quit attempting it, and too lazy to reload a different bar. I knew it was just a mental battle, because I was getting the bar high enough, but not committing to the catch.

DL: Used PC as warmups, worked up to 170kg (~374, meh), did a set of 5, no belt, way harder than it should have been. Pathetic.

Dips: 5x8 (5 sets of 8, I still use the "old school" method of reporting sets/reps), shoulders tight but not too bad overall. I think dips are going to help more across the board than I ever expected, and I look forward to getting to Starr's magical 4x20 so I can alternate weighted dips as well.

Good long day in the gym. Spotted a strong dude on bench (275x4,4, 295x2-3) and met another guy doing SS and chatted with him while repeatedly failing on 115kg PCs. He was supportive and that helped me keep going til I finally got it. I caught in about a quarter to half squat, but I still consider that a PC versus a full clean obviously. My form sucks - I look forward to getting some coaching at some point in my quest for 300+.

Trap feels absolutely fine, which is awesome. Time to start putting in squats and deads again! Hopefully they will catch up relatively quickly so I can do some heavy shit and stop feeling like a girl.

starting strength coach development program
    Small world me and the girlfriend are white river rafting near Levenworth on the 19th as well.

I think you mentioned at some point that you came out of linear progression weighing around 275 with a 500 pound squat? I'm curious how you ate for that last month or so of SS? Did you pound down a gallon of whole milk and eat 7000 + calories like the skinny guys? I still have a few more months till I'm at that point I think, but I definitly want to get everything I can out of the program.

Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast