starting strength gym
Page 103 of 479 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105113153203 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 4785

Thread: sking's log

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    • starting strength seminar february 2025
    Thanks, Adam, and having been married 11 years, I can tell you without a doubt to wait!

Quote Originally Posted by sking1001 View Post
    Thanks, Adam, and having been married 11 years, I can tell you without a doubt to wait!
    Heh! After being married for 34 years about a month ago I went out and watched a movie by myself for the first time! My wife told me she didn't want to go and when she spent the night babysitting the grandkids I went out and watched it. I fessed up the next day and after listening to how much I enjoyed it, we went back out and watched it again!

Fuck, I just bought tickets... I'm in trouble boys.

Haha, just tell her like our wise friend O did, and then go see it again with her. Just DON'T omit the fact that you already saw it. That's a lot less trouble, man!

One of the most enjoyable movies I've seen was by myself. I went to go see Star Trek (2009), and my wife had a great time shopping at the mall. She had no interest in seeing the movie, and I had no interest in shopping. Perfect deal :-)

Haha I asked for permission before buying the tickets, so I'm all good, was just kidding around, hehe... 11pm tonight, looking forward to it!

PS. Asking permission to see a movie really makes you feel like a fucking bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by AdamWathan View Post
    Fuck, I just bought tickets... I'm in trouble boys.
    Nut up man. Lie to her later.

Quote Originally Posted by AdamWathan View Post
    PS. Asking permission to see a movie really makes you feel like a fucking bitch.
    I think you are right!

Hrmph...

I'm going to jot down my ideas for the next program here:

Mon
    Bench 5x5
    Press 5x5
    Chins/Pulls

Tues
    Alternate heavy pulls:
    1) Rack pulls
    2) Deadlifts
    3) I'll do maximum effort power clean now and then. No predetermined frequency.
    Squat 5x5
    RDL

Thurs
    Heavy Bench
    Heavy Press
    LTE/Dips

Fri
    Heavy Squat
    Volume Power cleans on a clock
    Power Shrugs/Curls

The assistance stuff doesn't happen a lot of the time, and it could change.
    For intensity days, I will do a week of 5's, then triples, then singles at 85/90/95 percent of a max, then maybe a deload week (optional). For bench, I will add about 10% and do 2 board presses after hitting the full range lift.

I'm really undecided on how to proceed with 5x5, but I will start lighter and try to add 5 pounds each week. When it starts getting too hard, I will continue the theme of hitting a heavier 5 and then 4 sets at a lighter weight.

Some possible starting weights:
    Squat
    Volume - 320x5x5
    Intensity - 360x5

Bench
    Volume - 225x5x5
    Intensity - 245x5

Press
    Volume - 145x5x5
    Intensity - 160x5

Pulls
    Rack Pull - 455x5
    Deadlift - 405x5

For rack pulls, at least, I don't know what to expect, so I may add 10 pounds to start...

Input is welcome, thanks :-)

Steve, as I look over your numbers for the last 12 weeks, I see GAINS. Real gains. The linear gains are likely over for you, your cycles are effective. I think you are hard on yourself, and what is not shown in your recap is all the professional and personal stuff you had going on that affect the time in the gym whether we want it to or not.

Nice work.

On your squats, you seem to have made some improvement in your form. You still rock back just a little onto your heals vice coming straight up, and I believe the first rep of that double was your best rep, from this one angle it's hard to tell. All reps were deep, crisp, and strong.

Nice.

starting strength coach development program
    Thanks, Mac. I appreciate the objective look. It's funny about that first rep you mentioned. I was forward on my toes so much as to nearly fall over. However, because I'm so far forward, my drive was more straight up. I need to emulate that and still keep my weight mid-foot.

Good points. There are always a lot of factors to consider, and I do realize now that big linear gains are a thing of the past for me.