Quote Originally Posted by sking1001 View Post
    Bench
    45x20
    135x8
    185x4
    235x2
    285x1 super fast
    315x0 super close
    Conditions couldn't have been more perfect, except for not be able to find a spotter among 4 people I asked. I did a pretty good job of not being scared of the weight. Yeah there were some nerves, so I think I got a little bit loose and rushed, but the strength just wasn't quite there, even though 305 went up easily 2 weeks ago. Two fingers under the bar would have finished it.

Didn't get pissed and was disciplined to stop right there and progress next week. Also, I'm even less nervous now, more confident, and most importantly, staying patient.

Accessory
    Pullups 3x10
    Dips +36# Chain 10, 10, 12

So in the video, you can see I rushed a bit and was wobbly. Also my chest was not up as much as usual. It's definitely getting there though:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__0x2CcgAoU
    Oh wow, that was close. Great leg drive, too, that really seems to move the sticking point farther up, huh?

holy piss that WAS close.

Think that was pretty technical fault. Seems like you pushed the bar back a little too far at lockout. But MAN that thing fucking FLEW off your chest.

Quote Originally Posted by bugbomb View Post
    Oh wow, that was close. Great leg drive, too, that really seems to move the sticking point farther up, huh?
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Stroup View Post
    holy piss that WAS close.

Think that was pretty technical fault. Seems like you pushed the bar back a little too far at lockout. But MAN that thing fucking FLEW off your chest.
    Yeah, you can actually see me get past the usual sticking point in the middle, then a few more inches it stalls at lockout. I usually squeeze the bar harder and have my chest 1/2 inch higher I think.

Compare that to just 10 pounds less 2 weeks ago:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLHyt2Ky1FY

Whether it was just 1 pound too much or technique was a little off, I'm pretty confident about getting this next time.

Whether it was just 1 pound too much or technique was a little off, I'm pretty confident about getting this next time.
    I would say so. Impressive, dude.

Thanks, bugbomb : )

When I got back to work, I chewed out my dick friend for not coming over to spot me. I showed him the video and told him this was his fault, haha.

Yeah i agree, I think thats the highest ive ever seen you miss.

Strange how sticking points will move around haha.

I remember two meets back where i would miss EVERYTHING like right off chest from no pausing. Now I can blast stuff usually to mid range before it dies. Even with real long pauses.

Next time fo sho.

Thanks, bugbomb : )

When I got back to work, I chewed out my dick friend for not coming over to spot me. I showed him the video and told him this was his fault, haha.
    I know you are joking about it being his fault but I think you would have locked it out with a lift-off.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnRoman View Post
    I know you are joking about it being his fault but I think you would have locked it out with a lift-off.
    same

Yeah, I kinda wasn't joking. Why does everyone around here suck? Suppose to have a big dude come squat with me some Saturday. I reminded him I'm just working up to a single tomorrow so there will be plenty of time, but I haven't heard back...

Conditioning today on the recumbent bike, just 5 rounds, full 5 min warmup, 10 cool down. Never seems to get easier, haha. I just want to die during the cool down because my legs and glutes burn so bad.

Default Saturday, 05/17/14

starting strength coach development program
    I always think my SI/back is all better until after a few warmups, then it starts aching again and gets progressively worse.

Squat
    135x5
    225x4
    315x2 SI starting to hurt now
    365x1 added belt
    405x1 added light wraps, RPE 8
    455x1 heavier wraps, RPE 9.5-10
    Had to call it there, and I'll be going back to the chiro next week too. Discussed with Matt, and we'll start some lower body rehab while still milking realization gains on upper body.

Accessory
    Lunges 10 w/40's, 2x10 w/30's
    GHD Situps 3x10