starting strength gym
Page 70 of 132 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280120 ... LastLast

Thread: Idlehand's chasing 4/5/6

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Had something like 9 days off? Not sure. Went to Florida to visit father in law and didn't really have access to a car. Spent the days reading and floating in the pool. Only exercise was various overhead pressing of 60lbs kiddo and tossing him around the pool.

Made it back to gym today to play around. Worked up to a triple with 275 on squats and shut it down. Left knee was acting weird. Back felt mostly ok, but it doesn't usually go to shit until 365 or so. Hopefully knee was just a lack of use thing and will go away over the weekend. Doesn't hurt just felt... off when I was in the hole.
    Worked up to a couple sets of 5 with 315 on bench. Felt slow and terrible. Dunno. Probably due to shit show of diet over the week I was on vacation. lack of car and lack of a ton of food I usually eat kinda guessing I've been inadvertently dieting on junk food. Not enough protein too much carbs and fat.

On the plus side feeling better about training again. Figure back will eventually feel better. My job it to just be careful, autoregulate, and do whatever daily stuff I can figure out to keep back on the mend. Considering a drop in weight too as that might help back just with daily movements. We'll see.

Lemonade: I have a kicking sun tan

I think we all need time off here and there from training. Sometimes it's forced by injury or overtraining and sometimes you just need a break. I reset myself after my last meet in March by intentionally taking a week off and resetting my weights about 25% lower. I'm just now getting back to my previous working weights, but I do think I've made some small progress on press and bench and overall I feel much better. My knees are totally pain free and my elbow tendinitis is just a faint shadow of itself. Take the time to get healthy and your lifts will come back easily enough.

Just noticed you haven't checked in with your weekly 5lb squat PR in a while. I went back a few pages to try and figure out what was going on but it seems like you've been putting out one fire after another for months. What's going on with you, man?

Quote Originally Posted by stuffedsuperdud View Post
    Just noticed you haven't checked in with your weekly 5lb squat PR in a while. I went back a few pages to try and figure out what was going on but it seems like you've been putting out one fire after another for months. What's going on with you, man?
    Knee is just random nonsense I expect it will be fine Monday. Back is 2 bulging discs and stenosis. Working out some programming for next few months. Just gonna have to take it easy for a bit.

Squats: 315x4 Probably had more. This felt good and back didn't complain so taking it easy.
    Bench: 315x4, 325x4 this was about @9. I'm kinda spent from vacation. Poor diet and no training. On the plus back is feeling ok. Going to keep an eye on it and hopefully keep the trend up.
    Press: 135x8x3 Still trying to decide what to do mondays for bench extra. I may start pushing press again. last cycle I let press slip and it's kinda stagnant.
    Curls! 30sx20x3
    Spent an hour Sunday tossing my kid in the pool. I may have to add power cleans back into rotation. Figure an hour in a frigid pool in the cold means I can eat an entire key lime pie right? Diet is off the rails.

Deadlift: 315x4 , 365x4
    Dips bunch
    Rows 135x5x5

Trained in the afternoon cause I was exhausted. Saw metric and imagine dragons last night. Fan fucking tactic show.

Friday : deadlifts 315x5x3 playing with form. Not bad.
    Bench 315x3 365x1 385x1 405xf. Couldn't lock it out.

Curls until we gave up. Mkgillman and I recreated gym nemesis video. Curls for America. Right to bare arms !

Monday : left knee felt funny quit early.

Squats 315x5 335x5 320x5x2
    Bench 315x3 330x5@10 315x5. Out of gas

Press 135x8 145x8
    Curls !

deadlift: 315x3 365x4 350x4
    Dips: 45x10x4
    lte: 80x10x3
    rows:135x5x3
    curls : random

Melting in the office. allergies are in effect. I may have to fish the AC out of the attic. I feel like I'm swimming in here. Can I just skip work and lay in the pool?

Other fun: spent 2 hours at the bank trying to sort out my accounts. Some dirtbag forged a couple checks against my account using some checks from 14 years ago? Where those came from who knows. Bank is having technical difficulties making new member account active.

Squats! Beltless, 2second pause 225x4x3 not terrible. Not awesome. I feel naked without a belt
    Bench now we are talking. 275x7, 315x7, 295x7x2
    press: 135x7, 185x3, 135x7
    Curls all over the gym.

I may even curl some more at home today. Curlbro status activated!

starting strength coach development program
    8 mile bike in the rain kinda made lifting slow today. Tossed tempo squats and will hit them tomorrow.

225x5x5 RDL. Really made for happy back. I'm going to add these back in. Less stressful that off the flow, easier to keep extension. Good for the injury. I think.
    Dips 55 10x4
    curls.
    Forgot LTEs today. I was so hazed after my ride last night it's lucky I made it to the gym.

Baking carrot cake. #fuckDiets #fuckAbs #summerOfGlutteny.