starting strength gym
Page 89 of 102 FirstFirst ... 3979878889909199 ... LastLast

Thread: 76 year old olympic weightlifter

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    • starting strength seminar february 2025
    I guess aches and pains are to be expected. I talked to my uncle who will be 90 next month. He is going though issues with neck pain. They tell him he has cervical disc problems. They want to do Injections, but he has to be given anesthesia for that. He isn't sure if he'll do it
    I'm feeling a little better but weak. I have to try and do something today no matter how light the weights are.
    You did something and that's a good plan.

I guess aches and pains are to be expected. I talked to my uncle who will be 90 next month. He is going though issues with neck pain. They tell him he has cervical disc problems. They want to do Injections, but he has to be given anesthesia for that. He isn't sure if he'll do it
    I'm feeling a little better but weak. I have to try and do something today no matter how light the weights are.

Hey friend Jerry. Yeah, I have to do 'something'. fish gotta swim, birds gotta fly.
    But you take care. the latest covid strains are quite deadly, killing lots in this country.

So, here is my pity party.
    When the sudden plague hit me, it was shoulder pain - can't raise arms overhead, tightness and soreness all muscles and joints. Hurts to squat down and rise from a chair. dizzy and loggy.

Thurs 21-9-2023.

Ab Crunch (95 k) 20. (86 k) 14.
    Seated calf (44.75 k) 19. (42.25 k) 14 peak contraction.
    chest supported row. (20 k) 20.
    Sq (20 k) 10. (30 k) 10 (42.5 k) 10.
    ------- now, here's the funny thing. For countless years i have followed sets of squats with rader pulls, pressing down on the sq bar in the rack. Can't do that now because of the intense shoulder pain.
    What i did today was take hold of the bar with a curl grip, and breathed in while pulling downwards. That gave an amazing chest opening stretch, better than i ever got with rader pulls. Gunna play with this.

Mon 25-9-2023.

All joints and muscles still sore and tight.
    Bending down to pick up weights must look like slow motion replay.

Squat (20 k) 10. (30) 10. (40) 10. (50) 10.
    Palms up rader pulls. 10. 10. 10. 10.

chest supported rows. (25 k) 20.

training time 42 minutes.

Okay, time to feel sorry for myself, again.

Yesterday was the day to drive us to knitting group, to knit teddies and bunnies for the Woman's and Children's Hospital, but i got hit with intense shivering (warm day).
    Wife went all Sergeant-Major, and packed me off to bed with a hot lemon drink. Slept for hours.
    Mostly recovered now, and will be back in action with my spastic workouts on Monday.

I hope you feeling better. Whenever I get the chills I know something is wrong. I'm not a person that goes to the doctor much. But I once felt sick for more days than usual and found out I had a urinary tract infection. Hope things get better for you.

Hi Jerry. Aren't we having an interesting time? Watching your progress.

Mon 2-10-2023.
    hips and thighs so stiff, i couldn't get down to a decent low squat, so i gave up on that.
    Ab crunch not going well, so i did a token weight.
    seated heels raise, so-so. Didn't go heavier.

My booking for scans is on 9-10-2023, so hopefully some diagnosis after that. For now i am doing stretches and abdominal isolations.

Thurs 5-10-2023. Chiro treatment. And she hit a lot of sore spots on pressure points. Getting a program of stretching organized.

I hope all goes well. I know you want to get back to work!

I hope all goes well.
    Thank you for your continuing Kind support, Jerry.

Interesting times continuing.
    Serious workouts still not possible. Making do by comprehensive 7 exercise abdominal muscle control, single leg heels raise, and no-weight squats ---so funny, painful sink downs to about half squat level, and the flowing movements of Tai Chi.
    After painful session of radiology, where they had me getting into strange positions. Appointment with Doc tomorrow for the results, and hopefully some effective treatment.

starting strength coach development program
    I hope you get some answers. I have been doing something different myself. Slow lifting. May be something to try. Seems less likely to hurt. Please keep me posted .

Page 89 of 102 FirstFirst ... 3979878889909199 ... LastLast