Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20282930

Thread: Cole's HLM/TM

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    • starting strength seminar february 2025
    8/27
    lower

squat - 315 x 5 x 5

notes: thats all. took about 45 minutes, maybe slightly less. but it was hard enough and its nice to focus on one thing.

8/28
    HIIT

treadmil / airdyne intervals - 30 minutes

notes: DOMS from yesterday squat session. listened to Pakulski podcast on longevity. pretty good but for the most comprehensive, simple yet effective principles regarding longevity I find Sully lays it out perfectly in BBrx

8/29
    upper

bench - 275 x 5
    press - 140 x 5 x 5
    chins

notes: delts were burning! not used to this amount of volume. i sure do love pressing though, somehow i always forget and end up favoring bench instead. i really want to get my lifts back up there and this time keep adding to the load and PRing insterad of just finding an excuse to deload like i have for the past 5 years. tommorrows lower ID is making me a little nervous as i have a top set of squat and DL that seem heavy to me. im excited for it though.

8/30
    lower

squat - 355 x 5

DL - 395x5, 345x5

notes: only took about 40 minutes and was way easier than i imagined it would be. i can with certainity now say that pulling once a week is optimal for me. anymore usually results in lower back tendonitis, which i have had none as of late. these intensity day sets were no where near limit sets. now i am going to grill a steak for lunch. the benefits of working from home. i would like to get up to the 242 div, but evertime i get close to that weight i feel like shit and get a spare tire. also, with my trt protocol i havent been able to gain a pound, it seems to be keeping my metabolism high and my body composition lean. not a bad thing i suppose. next week volume loads remain the same and intensity day goes to triples.

9/1
    upper

press - 165 x 3 x 2 sets

bench - 245 x 5 x 5

chins

notes: 4 min rest between sets. press triples not too bad at all, could have got 5 on both sets. bench also fairly easy, just working on a bigger arch (arching is not bothering my low back joints right now whcih makes me happy). finished with an amrap set of 10 chins. nice to know i can still get 10 legit chin over bar reps from a dead hang. im working on trying to get more calories in without feeling the negative effects of a positive energy surplus. at my age, at any age over 21 really, being in a surplus should be carefully calculated and clean. clean is the tough part lol. it would be nice to be 110kg if i could keep my same body comp as now which is just below 20%bf. anyways, good session today, presses are feeling strong and i suspect a PR bodyweight press by end of year.

9/3
    lower

squat
    315 x 5 x 5

notes: 5x5 squats are the hardest thing in the gym...even though this load represents only about 75% of my E1RM, it was a beast. sucking air, covered in sweat, couldnt wait for it to be done. took about 50 min which is also surprising how long squats end up taking. another reason i have ditched the traditional TM and HLM split for now. those volume/H days take way too long.

hearts out to the Gaudrea family. Johnny hockey i hope you get some justice and RIP

video: Squat - YouTube

9/4
    HIIT

treadmil / airdyne intervals - 30 minutes

bw=232
    waist=40

9/5
    upper

bench press
    290 x 3 x 2 sets

press
    140 x 5 x 5

chins

notes
    bench reps flew. i wish my lower body was as strong as upper. still 4 min rest between upper body sets. got this done in under an hour.

video
    bench - YouTube

starting strength coach development program
    9/6
    lower

squat
    370 x 3 x 2 sets

DL
    415x3, 345x5

notes
    super awesome session. squat technique was above avg not perfect, rep 2 2nd set had some chest fall that prob would have casued a bad lift at limit loads. rep 3 on pulls top set i didnt quite get my back in enough extention prior to initiating the pull and the lift was slow. otherwise things went well and im happy to say that it wasnt that heavy. my low back feels 100%, which is rare (knock on wood) and i can hip drive and pull off the ground without hesitation which makes lifting super fun right now. heading into the weekend, gonna go get some fish, chicken, beef, eggs, milk, rice and potatoes and some veggies from the store and try to clean bulk to 242 for my meet this coming feb.

video
    Squat - YouTube
    DL - YouTube

Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20282930