starting strength gym
Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1624252627 LastLast

Thread: Cole's HLM/TM

• starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred J View Post
    I'm sorry for your loss. It is never easy as they become true family members. We have a boxer about 5 years old and shes a funny mess. Good luck with your lifting.
    Thank you sir! I appreciate the empathy

Sorry to read about your boxer, Cole. There are no words to describe the hole that their passing leaves.

We lost our greyhound almost 10 years ago. There isn't a day that goes by that one of us doesn't mention him in some fashion. But it's also his passing that created a whole string of opportunities that led us to where we are today, for which we are thankful. So it may take awhile, but you might find a silver lining. In the meantime, just reflect on the many years of great memories.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Anders View Post
    Sorry to read about your boxer, Cole. There are no words to describe the hole that their passing leaves.

We lost our greyhound almost 10 years ago. There isn't a day that goes by that one of us doesn't mention him in some fashion. But it's also his passing that created a whole string of opportunities that led us to where we are today, for which we are thankful. So it may take awhile, but you might find a silver lining. In the meantime, just reflect on the many years of great memories.
    Hey Bill thanks for the sympathy. It was a good thing, all in all. Needed to happen.

7/4
    light day

squat - 235 x 5 x 2

press - 125 x 5 x 3

chins

notes: ive been super fatigued since my 8 mile hike on sunday, and still have some cramps and DOMs. sucks bc i used to be a land surveyor and i would hike 5-10 miles a day then come home at night and still get in a heavy session. now that my fat ass works from a computer from home most of the time, i seem to have lost that ability. anyway, still sticking with the HLM and i plan on just running up my 5's on H day rather than rotating. i will reserve the drop to triples and singles when the bb forces it. for now i will just utilize my fahves. im planning on doing it as written in the grey book pg 163, so ill have to add a few sets to squat and bench on H day which means i will reduce the load slightly as to not ovedo the dose.

7/6
    medium day

squat - 265 x 5 x 3

cg bench - 215 x 5 x 3

SLDL - 275 x 5 x 2

notes: good medium day session. all the weights felt light but with enough resistance to still call it a good "workout". really working on a controlled descent on thne squat so i stay tight at the bottom and benefit from a better, tighter, springy stretch reflex. working on keeping low back arched but not over arched in the squat and pulls. the harder i try to extend, sometimes i end up irritating those facet joints. if i keep the spine/low back in anatomical normal rigid position i think it gives the same benefit of force transfer without the joint irritation. will come back next week with added volume on my H day, as i start ramping up the stress

7/8
    heavy day

squat - 295 x 5 x 5

bench - 235 x 5 x 5

DL - 345 x 5

notes: squats went really good and felt great, no back pain at all. then after first set of bench i started getting some low back discomfort and by the end of the 5 sets my joints were cranky. so im thinking its the arching thats bothering me. it was a little distracting for my pulls, but i was able to do the set of 5 just fine.

7/9
    conditioning

treadmil / airdyne intervals - 30 minutes

7/10
    light day

squat - 235 x 5 x 3

press - 125 x 5 x 3

chins

notes: super easy day, just working out the stiffness and going throught the movement patterns for muscle memory. medium day on friday should be a little bit more work but still easy while i adapt to the introduction of six more total sets per week. (+2 H day squats, +1 L day squats, +2 H day bench, +1 M day pulls)

super happy Mackinnon got the Hart trophy. Go Avs!

7/11
    conditioning

treadmil / airdyne intervals - 30 minutes

starting strength coach development program
    7/12
    medium day

squat - 265 x 5 x 3

cg bench - 215 x 5 x 3

SLDL - 275 x 5 x 3

notes: did my fives today and even though it felt light, it was still productive. weights will go up 10lbs lower and 5 lbs upper next week. going up to summit county for the next 3 days to hike, boat, spend time with family and escape the heat.

Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1624252627 LastLast