Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20282930

Thread: Cole's HLM/TM

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    • starting strength seminar february 2025
    8/27
    lower

squat - 315 x 5 x 5

notes: thats all. took about 45 minutes, maybe slightly less. but it was hard enough and its nice to focus on one thing.

8/28
    HIIT

treadmil / airdyne intervals - 30 minutes

notes: DOMS from yesterday squat session. listened to Pakulski podcast on longevity. pretty good but for the most comprehensive, simple yet effective principles regarding longevity I find Sully lays it out perfectly in BBrx

8/29
    upper

bench - 275 x 5
    press - 140 x 5 x 5
    chins

notes: delts were burning! not used to this amount of volume. i sure do love pressing though, somehow i always forget and end up favoring bench instead. i really want to get my lifts back up there and this time keep adding to the load and PRing insterad of just finding an excuse to deload like i have for the past 5 years. tommorrows lower ID is making me a little nervous as i have a top set of squat and DL that seem heavy to me. im excited for it though.

8/30
    lower

squat - 355 x 5

DL - 395x5, 345x5

notes: only took about 40 minutes and was way easier than i imagined it would be. i can with certainity now say that pulling once a week is optimal for me. anymore usually results in lower back tendonitis, which i have had none as of late. these intensity day sets were no where near limit sets. now i am going to grill a steak for lunch. the benefits of working from home. i would like to get up to the 242 div, but evertime i get close to that weight i feel like shit and get a spare tire. also, with my trt protocol i havent been able to gain a pound, it seems to be keeping my metabolism high and my body composition lean. not a bad thing i suppose. next week volume loads remain the same and intensity day goes to triples.

9/1
    upper

press - 165 x 3 x 2 sets

bench - 245 x 5 x 5

chins

notes: 4 min rest between sets. press triples not too bad at all, could have got 5 on both sets. bench also fairly easy, just working on a bigger arch (arching is not bothering my low back joints right now whcih makes me happy). finished with an amrap set of 10 chins. nice to know i can still get 10 legit chin over bar reps from a dead hang. im working on trying to get more calories in without feeling the negative effects of a positive energy surplus. at my age, at any age over 21 really, being in a surplus should be carefully calculated and clean. clean is the tough part lol. it would be nice to be 110kg if i could keep my same body comp as now which is just below 20%bf. anyways, good session today, presses are feeling strong and i suspect a PR bodyweight press by end of year.

9/3
    lower

squat
    315 x 5 x 5

notes: 5x5 squats are the hardest thing in the gym...even though this load represents only about 75% of my E1RM, it was a beast. sucking air, covered in sweat, couldnt wait for it to be done. took about 50 min which is also surprising how long squats end up taking. another reason i have ditched the traditional TM and HLM split for now. those volume/H days take way too long.

hearts out to the Gaudrea family. Johnny hockey i hope you get some justice and RIP

video: Squat - YouTube

starting strength coach development program
    9/4
    HIIT

treadmil / airdyne intervals - 30 minutes

bw=232
    waist=40

Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20282930