Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 24323334

Thread: Cole's HLM/TM

• starting strength seminar december 2024
    • starting strength seminar february 2025
    10/11
    Intensity Day

Squat
    370 x 5
    i wouldnt say these were hard, but after video review, they didnt move fast. i hope for some improvement in my top end squats in the weeks to come

Bench Press
    290 x 5
    pretty smooth. not too much trouble here. last TM cycle i took these to 295x5 so i am on track to beat that this cycle.

DL
    410 x 5
    maybe the fastest 4+ plates have ever moved. deadlifts on a roll. not sure what i am doing, as im only doing one set of 5 per week. ive always suspected i do better with very low deadlift volume.

notes
    we are redoing our kitchen, so its hard to cook right now. so for lunch i snuck out and grabbed some chicken biryani from an indian place in town. wife came home later this afternoon and i was working and she came in and said she ordered biryani for dinner lol. so i get it twice today. i was a little worried about my lower back after the tweak on tuesday, but it has been fine. some slight discomfort from laying down at night that has been interupting my sleep a bit but not interfering with training. glad i got this out of the way today even though it meant training 2 days in a row. tomorrow im off to the Avs game at ball arena with my wife an NO KIDS fuck yea

video
    Squat - YouTube
    Bench - YouTube
    DL - YouTube

10/14
    Volume Day

Squat
    335 x 5 x 5
    re did this weight from last week so i could do 5x5. it was easy, in fact the first set may have been one of my better squat sets from a technique standpoint in a while. i was really able to hip drive with some explosiveness and kept the bar pretty mid foot the whole time.

Press
    155 x 5 x 5
    major delt pump! can barely lift my arms now.

notes
    macros yesterday were 3200cal and 238protein. starting today im adding a shake with dinner so ill be doing 3 shakes a day, scoops each time which should help me get to 250/day. if i gain weight thats fine, as long as my waist stays 40 or below. if it goes above 40, i will have to restrict a bit. i also may need to have a liquid curfew of like 6p bc i keep having to wake up 2x a night to piss. old man problems i guess. its fun being in your 5th decade...

video
    Squat - YouTube

10/15
    conditioning
    bw=231
    waist=41 (not good)

HIIT
    treadmil / airdyne intervals - 30 minutes

notes
    yesterdays macros: 3500c/286p
    ive gained a couple inches around the waist as of late. id love to be able to fill out the 110kg class with a 40in or less waist but i dont think thats gonna happen...

starting strength coach development program
    10/16
    Recovery Day

Squat (-20%)
    275 x 5 x 2
    easy. just working on the basics like pushing out the knees and hip drive.

Bench Press (-10%)
    235 x 5 x 3
    tried 2 sets beltless, i dont really think it helps and if anything it makes the setup a little different so im gonna stick with belted for all working sets on all movements.

Chins
    bw x 5 x 3
    bicep tendon was ok today

notes
    not much to report on this easy recovery day. i did go ahead and guy a box of vertical diet meals from stan efferding. i think it will help bc my kitchen will be out of service here shortly as we are re doing it. so this way i have easy, frozen meals that are high in protein and i know the macros. it will help so that i dont end up having to go out for every meal. it was 160 bucks for 12 meals. about 14 per. well see if they are any good.

Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 24323334