starting strength gym

Thread: Best way to come back after an Off week?

Default Best way to come back after an Off week?

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    I have decided to take a week off. My body is beat down with small tweaks and strains I am sure we have all been there. I would rather just sit out a week and heal then risk a real injury. I plan on swimming 500-1000m (casual pace) just to get some blood flow on what would be my lift days and will eat as if I was training. My question is at what weight should I come back at I was think a 5% deload? As always your advice, suggestions are greatly appreciated.

you could just repeat your last workout. You'll probably be stronger than before you took the break anyway

I have a deload week evry 4th week and every 4 or so waves I take the deload week off completely. I actually just start up the new wave which means up the weight. You don't have to back off if you just took a week off unless you were hurt. Start back up where you should and go balls out and get it done.

Thanks it actually comes at a decent time I am waiting for my Micro plates to come in as well as my shoes. Thanks for the feedback.