starting strength gym
Page 1 of 36 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: New stronglifts fodder

Default New stronglifts fodder

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    http://stronglifts.com/secret-5x5-report/

I haven't read the new report (wtf is this a report?) yet, but I'm sure many here will be interested for a few reasons. Other than they can get it without dealing with the creepy marketing too much.

w/e. all he's done is regurgitate pretty much everything ive learned in about 8 months of lurking forums into a semi simple package, and market the hell out of it. only thing im upset about is that its not me making the money.

well, that and he's a weak fuck with a huge head.

I've read the first 20 something pages and I didn't read anything bad or silly, seems to agree with most of what we advocate around here.

Real reasons he recommends 5x5 for beginners:
    1. Hasn't really tried it, so doesn't know that you can progress longer on 3x5
    2. People google 5x5 more.

Not that 5x5 is bad, but it doesn't work as well as 3x5. It probably takes some actual experience coaching people and watching their results to figure it out, not that I have it, but I haven't seen anybody get terribly far doing 5x5 across.

I have a feeling 2x5 than 3x5 would work pretty well if not better for strength, provided you wanted to keep weight gain down. 5x5 would be even better for hypertrophy but not as good for strength gains.

5x5, 3x5, westside 12x2 they all work. But its not a matter of which one is better, it's all about the person doing the training. Their heart, attitude and willingness to do what is neccessary to succeed.

Over the last ten years Ive tried everything from a 6x6 to a 12x2, I liked them all. Saw results with all of them.

I do like the 5x3, but my favorite which I do once a year is a russian peaking cycle.

SS is a solid training program that can be followed for an extensive time period and allow long term growth.

SL- well hes just an egg head. But once again 5x5 has been around for a very long time and all hes done is teach what others have done before him.

If you can handle a candid, no-bullshit approach to weight training, free of all the myths
    spread by muscle magazines, and you're eager to discover why the majority of guys in the
    gym never get the body and strength they really want, then this 5x5 report is must-reading.

I honestly think that the stronglifts program is just bad and is just as commercial as other programs on men's health and stuff. Why?

1. The program is 5x5 Starting Strength with removed power cleans. Everything else is the same. Squats - 3 times a week, Deadlift 1x5 ...

2. 5x5 and adding weight three times a week is just too much. If you add the warm-ups and stuff its just sure way to kill your legs and enthusiasm and to stall too early. Besides you will have to spend more time in the gym.

3. I don't see why people will follow a program made a by a "coach" with small experience when there are better professional coaches such as Rip, Starr, Tsatsouline, Cotter and others.

BTW here's new program made by me. It's called Barbell Lifts 4.5x5

Workout A Workout B

Squat - 4.5x5 Squat - 4.5x5
    Bench - 4.5x5 Press - 4.5x5
    Dead - 1.5x5 Dumbbell rows (NOT BARBELL ROWS - IF YOU DO BARBELL ROWS IT's NOT MY PROGRAM) - 4.5x5

This is my program. You do 4 and half reps for sets of five. If you do 1,2,3,4 or 5 instead of 4.5 you have to repeat the weight. Sorry.
    Last edited by Rusi; 12-25-2010 at 01:58 PM.

Minnesota Raised, Live in California now.

Quote Originally Posted by Rusi View Post
    I honestly think that the stronglifts program is just bad and is just as commercial as other programs on men's health and stuff. Why?

1. The program is 5x5 Starting Strength with removed power cleans. Everything else is the same. Squats - 3 times a week, Deadlift 1x5 ...

2. 5x5 and adding weight three times a week is just too much. If you add the warm-ups and stuff its just sure way to kill your legs and enthusiasm and to stall too early. Besides you will have to spend more time in the gym.

3. I don't see why people will follow a program made a by a "coach" with small experience when there are better professional coaches such as Rip, Starr, Tsatsouline, Cotter and others.

BTW here's new program made by me. It's called Barbell Lifts 4.5x5

Workout A Workout B

Squat - 4.5x5 Squat - 4.5x5
    Bench - 4.5x5 Press - 4.5x5
    Dead - 1.5x5 Dumbbell rows (NOT BARBELL ROWS) - 4.5x5

This is my program. Now pay me.
    Put it all together on a sexy website and I'll consider it.

Don't forget the fake testimonials.

starting strength coach development program
    This increased tension is adding weight to the bar. I call this method Progressive Loading.

Page 1 of 36 12311 ... LastLast