starting strength gym
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Just bought a power rack now confused about bench!

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    • starting strength seminar february 2025
    Great looking rack.

Definitely get the incline (gives u another option in the future).

that power switch near what looks like a steel weight plate might need a bit of attention though.

cheers

Thanks man. that power switch is dead
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxy View Post
    Great looking rack.

Definitely get the incline (gives u another option in the future).

that power switch near what looks like a steel weight plate might need a bit of attention though.

cheers

I've stuck some good quality rubber mat kinda thing on the safety latch and bar holder. Will post pics, don't like the ding/cling sound and it will keep the powder coating intact. Will post pics later...

Default Rubber FTW!

I cut some of the mat and glued it on the right places to avoid noise and corrosion

Quote Originally Posted by cwd View Post
    The rack at the link has a plate & pully system built-in. If you bought that, you are planning to do exercises outside SS anyway, right? So get the incline-adjustable bench.

I have the rogue flat utility bench, which is 17.5" high. It fits me quite nicely, I am 5'10".
    Have you noticed any problems with the bench wobbling? It did it since I first got it, but was easily fixed with a piece of cardboard underneath one side, but now it seems to have gotten worse.

This is why i am inclined towards bodysolid. Their products are real good quality and they use thick metal. Most probably i'll zero down to the GFI21 (No decline, who needs decline anyway, i can do dips on the safety bars and maybe buy a dip attachment later)
    Quote Originally Posted by Schwiggity View Post
    Have you noticed any problems with the bench wobbling? It did it since I first got it, but was easily fixed with a piece of cardboard underneath one side, but now it seems to have gotten worse.

OK guys this is the one easily available in my country :

http://www.bodysolid.com/Home/GFID22...ng_Multi-Bench

This goes decline/flat and incline and is "commercial" rated. Any thoughts?

Hey i am buying a custom made bench. I am 5'7" and would like to buy a bench which is not to high (to use hips/posterior chain) during bench press. Want to know the ideal height of a bench with a 2" pad : height of the bench (with the pad thickness included) from the floor. Many thanks. Someone mentioned olympic benches are 17" high, don't know if the pad thickness was included in it so asking....

http://www.powerlifting-ipf.com/file...ok_05_2009.pdf

This is it.
    Last edited by Rockfella; 01-15-2013 at 10:40 AM.

Yes, the pad is included. 17" from the tallest point of the pad, to the floor.

starting strength coach development program
    I got a custom made, the guy was unable to kep the height at exact 17", so with the thick foam and thick wooden shaft used it is 18" high

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast