starting strength gym
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: UFC Fit

Default UFC Fit

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    • starting strength seminar february 2025
    So Andy, is there anything like UFC Fit in PPST3? The UFC now sell a 12-DVD box set(!) with workouts you can do at home with a couple of dumbbells, and a nutrition plan to go along with it. According to UFC coach Mike Dolce: "No other workout program meets these standards." Guaranteed to get you ripped and strong in 12 weeks just like a UFC fighter! Amazing!

Right. I'm sure this is exactly what all the top UFC guys do.

Actually, I wouldn't be surprised. MMA is still woefully in inept in the world of S&C (from what I have seen from the outside).

I don't blame Dolce though. He's the top nutrition guy in the sport and his profile is at its zenith right now and he's cashing in. Good for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Baker (KSC) View Post
    Right. I'm sure this is exactly what all the top UFC guys do.

Actually, I wouldn't be surprised. MMA is still woefully in inept in the world of S&C (from what I have seen from the outside).

I don't blame Dolce though. He's the top nutrition guy in the sport and his profile is at its zenith right now and he's cashing in. Good for him.
    I compete in MMA and work with MMA guys a lot, Andy is spot on. If the guys aren't training like 1920's boxers and doing 500 situps each day, they're doing Crossfit WOD's with no long term plan.

And then the UFC releases this crap.. Oh dear lord.

Also, I don't blame Dolce for trying to make a living, but his ebooks are atrocious.

Indeed. I heard Dolce's name when watching UFC fights, had no idea who he was or what he does. He seems like a good guy, though I can't help but to feel like phrases like "No other workout program meets these standards" are more marketing blurb than anything else. Or else I've been doing the wrong program, haha. As far as MMA and training I have no idea what's going on. I just like watching the fights.

I do like how UFC FIT add the disclaimer subtext "Not typical results" when showing images of people that have lost weight and added muscle. Cover Your Ass much?

I'm looking forward to getting my copy of PPST3, despite the lack of a dozen DVD's.

There are a few out there who know what they are doing. Matt Brown (a UFC welterweight) is now training at Westside with Louie Simmons. He is a beast. I've trained several amateur guys and love working with that sport. I'd love to be more heavily involved with some of the top guys and work more legit training methods into the mainstream of MMA.

There are a few out there who know what they are doing. Matt Brown (a UFC welterweight) is now training at Westside with Louie Simmons. He is a beast. I've trained several amateur guys and love working with that sport. I'd love to be more heavily involved with some of the top guys and work more legit training methods into the mainstream of MMA.
    It will happen, Andy.

A lot more guys are starting to think in terms of 'strength' and 'conditioning', rather than strength&conditioning.

Personally for my own selfish reasons I hope I'm done competing by the time any of this happens.

Clearly you need to move to Las Vegas.

Sadly Matt is injured right now. His newfound strength training must be working. He has gone from a journeyman to a top 10 ranking in the UFC Welterweight division in a matter of 12-18 months.

Quote Originally Posted by Cadure View Post
    Sadly Matt is injured right now. His newfound strength training must be working. He has gone from a journeyman to a top 10 ranking in the UFC Welterweight division in a matter of 12-18 months.
    Yeah, Matt has always been a bulldog. Relentless pressure fighter and tons of heart (which you can't coach). In the past he just wasn't much of a finisher. He would just grind guys out to a decision victory. Now he has been piling up TKOs and KOs. I think he has broken 2 or 3 guys' jaws in a row in the last few fights. He has power now on top of heart and tenacity

starting strength coach development program
    Matt Brown is a HUGE rising star in the sport, and a future champion in the welterweight division. I was really looking forward to the Condit fight until he got injured. Minus GSP, I think Matt has the longest active winning streak in his division as well. Can't wait to see him get back in there.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast