starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Failed on bench today, after first microload. Could use some advice.

• starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by mgilchrest View Post
    I'd be specific as to why you are taping and even point them to a resource like Rip's and the SSOC as examples of where you can submit your lifts for feedback. And I'd make sure it ran up the management ladder as well until you get a "yes". i.e. Make them all say no.
    Yea I've thought about that. My concern is that if they think I'm posting videos on a public forum, it sounds worse, compared to me using them for my own exclusive personal use (although I understand SSOC is not a public forum).

In the past, I've taken care to not film others, and to even let others know when they're potentially going to be in frame, and asked them for consent. And when they're not aware, I've cropped videos or blurred out faces.

I have to be careful about what I say to management. If I say I'm using it for my own personal use, and then they discover I've been posting it online, that's not cool. Plus, I'd rather be honest about it. I'm on good terms with many of the staff members, so maybe I can speak to one of them and get their advice about who to speak to.
    Last edited by spacediver; 12-05-2016 at 07:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Murelli View Post
    Just repeat it next workout.
    Completed all 3 sets at 192.4 with relative ease. Made a couple form adjustments which may have helped. I might be able to break 200 before I need to change things up, but not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by spacediver View Post
    Completed all 3 sets at 192.4 with relative ease. Made a couple form adjustments which may have helped. I might be able to break 200 before I need to change things up, but not sure.
    I've got to 102.5kg with 2.5kg jumps, but I am heavier than you. You're on 1kg jumps, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Murelli View Post
    I've got to 102.5kg with 2.5kg jumps, but I am heavier than you. You're on 1kg jumps, right?
    heh, I don't see myself LP-ing to 102.5kg (unless I potentially ate a shitload), and yes, just started the 1kg jumps.
    Last edited by spacediver; 12-07-2016 at 08:37 PM.

heh, I don't see myself LP-ing to 102.5kg (unless I potentially ate a shitload), and yes, just started the 1kg jumps.
    They prolonged my press' LP life from 52 to 64kg. Put in the work, mind your form and you'll profit.

cheers

The last time I filmed myself there I got caught. I had the entire oly lifting room to myself, nobody was there. Then one of the junior coaches comes out an office, sees me, and tattles to a staff member outside about me filming. Staff member comes in, and says sorry no filming allowed. I pleaded my case, said it was really important as I wanted to see if I was flexing my back on the deadlift. He was unrelenting, but agreed that was a bit of an unfortunate rule. I don't imagine requesting permission in advance would work. The times there are filming, there are multiple notices warning members saying which areas are being filmed and for how long, so I don't think they'd allow it for something as insignificant as a form check for a single member. Still, can't hurt to ask.
    Thanks Obama.

Envoyé de mon SM-G920F en utilisant Tapatalk

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by kanahan View Post
    Thanks Obama.
    What's Obama got to do with it?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12