starting strength gym

Thread: Young Novice training on GGW

Default Young Novice training on GGW

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    • starting strength seminar february 2025
    Andy: I want to pose this question to you regarding my young 21 yr. old son who has finally decided to follow in his old mans footsteps and has been using the SSLP for 4 months now with some impressive gains! oh. the novice effect. my question is can he follow the GGW program as we both train together at home and he is nearing the end of his LP gains without failing. I suggested he can always add some accessory work such as his weighted pulls and dips that he loves, I know I have read that the GGW program can be used by any age group and he likes the MWF days.

Yes, it's appropriate for any intermediate lifter. pull ups and dips are fine to add.

Thanks Andy: I was considering buying him your power building program as he being 21 wants to look like he lifts weights [buff] but he really only wants to 3 days a week with the "old man" and we don't have a ton of room in our basement for other equipment.so i think we will give him a go on the GGW, o n a personal note my gains are really coming along, on week 9 of the second go around and can hardly wait until test week, both of us would love to attend some clinics or camps but everything is to darn far from us in Canada, Minneapolis,KC or chicago are 10-14 hrs away but it might be worth the drive to help polish our form