Thread: Post "powerbuilding" NLP

Default Post "powerbuilding" NLP

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Male
    5"11
    228.8lbs

I went through I fuck it why not try out this powerbuilding undulating periodisation program phase after a big break from training due to mental health issues and just working out heavily now and again, I did 8 weeks of "powerbuilding" and managed to finish with;

1 REP max
    Deadlift 484
    Squat 358.6
    Bench 242

After listening to recent episodes I snapped back into my senses and just started the NLP again using the 1 rep max to work out 5 rep wheights

This week I did

Mondee Wednesdee Frydee
    Squat Squat Squat
    Bench Press Bench
    Chins Deadlift Chins

Last sessions numbers
    SQUAT:324.5
    BENCH:205.7
    DEADLIFT:430.1 (barely got last rep out)
    PRESS:107.8

Now my question is this, do these numbers justify my current weight, should I seek to maintian this weight and drive the lifts up if so which ones need driving up the most? should I still be adding 5lbs to the lifts or should I be dropping down the increments as I have 2-2-0.55lbs plates I can use

Do I drag out the increase sessions by session all the way down to a 1.1lbs increase at a time then switch to intermediate programming?

P.S no power cleans as I can front rack for shit

Thanks

Run the NLP for as long as you can while ensuring you're getting enough sleep and calories to recover between sessions.

At 5'11" you should be at least 240's.

Your press sucks, so work on that. See the various pressing articles and the two podcasts Nick did with Ray.

I’m not sure what you want us to tell you. There’s basically no information here. Are you missing reps, not missing reps, etc.?

Using “1RM”s to back out your fives might be an issue.

I don’t know, just keep doing the program until you need to make a change. 228 at 5/11 is right on by me.

Don't calculate your starting weights. Find them by working your way up to a set of 5 that you can handle with good form.

I'll start working on my press days then, just wanted to see if I should just maintain weight and bring lifts up also as the numbers are quite high what jumps in weight I should be expected per session, as NLP is 5lbs a time eventually dropping down.

I guess I am now technically back to square one just with a higher foundation to start from?

Right makes sense, the bar speed slowed down a fair bit on the last few reps of last few reps so I think they are pretty close, but I'll push or pull back a bit next week depending on outcome for the next weight jumps