starting strength gym
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Recommendations to run deadlift up

• starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Maybach View Post
    Yes
    You're kidding. You have to weigh 230 to deadlift 320 for a set of 5??

Here's Mr T's issue:
    "I was worried about throwing my back out"

He's not pushing the floor away hard enough because of this fear when things start to feel heavy.

Quote Originally Posted by Lost and Found View Post

Here's Mr T's issue:

He's not pushing the floor away hard enough because of this fear when things start to feel heavy.
    The reason his deadlift is "slowing down" is because he's six feet and 175 pounds. He might be a huge pussy, as a confounding factor, but it's hard to cure that.

Quote Originally Posted by Lost and Found View Post

Here's Mr T's issue:

I think part of it too was being out of gas after a heavy squat and press session. I moved my heavy deadlift to my "medium" HLM day and it seems to be back to moving forward for now.

Pulled 320 today for full set of 5 and it felt good. Next session we will try 325. I'm going to leave my squat at 315 until my deadlift is 50lbs higher. My press and bench are being micro loaded for 1lb increases....

I got 188 on bench press today and the last rep of 5 was a slow grinder...I'm talkin fuckin slow. I have the pins set since I have no spotter.

My press is now 138lbs and microloading that 1lb per session seems to keep things moving forward. The press is getting pretty tough. Going to start doing some pin presses soon to help.

My weight seems to stay at about 184lbs so I gotta sneak in some more calories somewhere along the day. I'd like to put on another 20lbs of bodyweight. I'm eating lots of eggs and ground beef, steak, etc.. Been making lots of cheese burgers at home and they blow away all the bullshit slop burgers and don't cost $20 a pop. (Grass-fed beef too)

I need to see if Uncle Rip has a chicken fried steak recipe floating around...

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.T View Post
    I need to see if Uncle Rip has a chicken fried steak recipe floating around...
    He does. He even has a video. You haven't looked.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.T View Post
    My weight seems to stay at about 184lbs so I gotta sneak in some more calories somewhere along the day. I'd like to put on another 20lbs of bodyweight. I'm eating lots of eggs and ground beef, steak, etc.. Been making lots of cheese burgers at home and they blow away all the bullshit slop burgers and don't cost $20 a pop. (Grass-fed beef too)
    Have you considered a couple of quarts of milk with several scoops of whey isolate a day?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    He does. He even has a video. You haven't looked.
    The beef tips and rice was a good one and I've made the hamburger steak a dozen or so times. I'll try the chicken fried steak, I am due for one of those.

There was a place I use to eat at for lunch on the East Side in Austin,tx (This was before all the outsiders moved there and turned it into L.A.) Small lil hole in the wall called Galloway's Sandwich shop...and they did alot of these classic cafe lunches. They never made sandwiches.They were great, small mom and pop shop and they would give you 2nds if you were still hungry. You could get a piece of cake and ice cream to go with it and be out the door for $10. You had to go to the east side in the hood and it was legit sketchy back then. (Now its all hipster implants from California.)

That Dominion SS belt came in just now. It's a nice piece of gear. I got the single ply and it is plenty thick.

Quote Originally Posted by Jovan Dragisic View Post
    Have you considered a couple of quarts of milk with several scoops of whey isolate a day?
    I read some stupid book once that suggested a *gallon.* Stupid idea but you might give it a shot if all else fails.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Maybach View Post
    I read some stupid book once that suggested a *gallon.* Stupid idea but you might give it a shot if all else fails.
    Yah I already drink about a half gallon a day and take about 60-80g whey isolate.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast