Quote Originally Posted by Maybach View Post
A back tweak is not an injury. That's why we have a separate word for it.

If you back feels "slightly tweaked" you are currently experiencing the worst case outcome from these squats.

You may have required a surgery from a lighter load, but you definitely didn't do it squatting the way you are in these videos. And the fact that you can squat "way more" than you did when you incurred your previous back complaints should tell you something about the relationship between absolute load and injury risk.
Hell yeah boss, I hear you loud and clear. And you are right about the absolute load thing. In addition to that, back tweaks aside, in general I'm pretty sure my day-to-day back pain and stiffness have gone down significantly already.

I have also been reading the blue book again and starting from scratch (not with the weight but with the technique), and I did forget a lot since I read it last. And it's pretty impressive how he's right about all the things I do wrong in his "The Important Things You're Going To Do Wrong section. Here he talks about: depth, knee position, stance, eye gaze, back angle, hip drive, bar placement, rack height - which is essentially a checklist of all the feedback I've received so far. It's almost as though he's done this before . I also definitely don't think I have the hip drive thing down yet, but I'm working on it.

I am also starting to work with a local coach. He's not SSC certified unfortunately (there aren't any around here), but he's been on SS for years, has worked with an SSC coach, has extremely impressive lifts for a man his age - or any age for that matter, and used to be a professional athlete. I am doing this because I want to have in-person sessions, and then after that I'll probably look for an online SSC coach if I still need it. You guys need a bigger footprint in Canada!