starting strength gym

Thread: Landmine press as an alternative to the press...

Default Landmine press as an alternative to the press...

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    In the starting strength program what are your thoughts on replacing the press with the landmine press? I'm a 33 year old male and have psoriatic arthritis, a problem area for me is my shoulder and despite my best efforts I really can't press directly overhead without pain, but I have found that I can perform the landmine press without discomfort so I'm wondering in my case is it a suitable replacement for the press?

I am currently unfamiliar with the landmine press.

It's mentioned in the barbell prescription. I tried it with my 68 year old arthritic mother as a first step but I don't think it works very well despite what the book says... I think Rip's shoulder rehab approach is probably better but I don't have any rings to test.

Quote Originally Posted by Benson1990 View Post
    In the starting strength program what are your thoughts on replacing the press with the landmine press? I'm a 33 year old male and have psoriatic arthritis, a problem area for me is my shoulder and despite my best efforts I really can't press directly overhead without pain, but I have found that I can perform the landmine press without discomfort so I'm wondering in my case is it a suitable replacement for the press?
    The landmine press resembles a press angle that is similar to an incline bench press. So the bench press - since it also a horizontal pressing movement - is your exercise. You will also find that you cannot progress the landmine press for very long as it becomes impractical to get the weight into the starting position once you keep piling plates on.

When I hear "core" I stop listening.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    When I hear "core" I stop listening.
    Genius.

You just invented a whole new trend: Functional Listening

Just have to figure out how to squeeze "quantum" in there somewhere, and the marketing plan is complete.