starting strength gym

Thread: Entered my journal into a spreadsheet

Default Entered my journal into a spreadsheet

• starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    I just thought this was interesting to share. I went thru my journal since I started my novice linear progression and entered all my workouts into a spreadsheet. Here are the graphs of the weights and volumes of the past six months of workouts. Interesting that bench and press volume is trending down here, likely due to my switch to a one-on-two-off schedule. Also, quite surprised to see how little volume in the deadlift I've been getting, maybe I should pull a backoff set? I've been stuck at 160 for a while now. I'm definitely going to increase intensity and volume slightly on press tho as it has been my biggest laggard.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Too small to read.

Trying to upload again larger.

Also the KEY:
    Red = Deadlift
    Green = Squat
    Blue = Bench
    Yellow = press

Workout Intensity Scatter Plot.jpgWorkout Volume Scatter Plot.jpg

Don't use attachments, host your image somewhere and add it in.

Quote Originally Posted by stef View Post
    Don't use attachments, host your image somewhere and add it in.
    OK, here we go with a link now. I’m going to try to make this spreadsheet better.

Are there any suggestions on what you’d want to be able to see? I do have body weight as well as set/rep scheme performed.

Work sets: Volume & Intensity in kg - Album on Imgur

One thing that was interesting was that each time I reset properly I increased again beyond my previous PR, but there’s one period in squat where I reset too much due to a hurt shoulder and then I stalled again at the same PR before correcting to a proper reset where I again beat my previous PR.

This chart is really only good for reflection bc it doesn’t really cant future outcomes. Although I may see if I can work on that since I’m going to start studying programming and machine learning in the fall.