starting strength gym
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Testosterone levels

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by knkavo View Post
    If your total and free testosterone are low, but your estrogen levels are "optimal", (this is the case with me), then surely Clomid is not the answer, right?
    Sorry, I don't know the answer to this.

I will say, that if you are a candidate for Clomid it is a pretty easy "pill to swallow". I take it on odd numbered days and the cost (to me) is about $20 bucks a month. I'm not sure what the insurance company gets billed.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie J. Skibicki View Post
    Stupid browser.

At the level pro athletes take, test will cause a problem. At theraputic levels (if your Dr. goes up to 400mg a week I'd be surprised) you will see a bunch of health markers get much better. Also, all those "grumpier old man" stereotypes are largely caused by low test

I get not wanting to depend on medication, but if something improves my life, you can't stop me from taking it.

I know a few people, all of whom were hard training types of guys, that didn't think they had an issue, Dr. put them on test and they never loved life so much. THey didn't think anything was wrong because they didn't know how good it could or had forgetten.

Try it for 2 months and if you don't like it, stop. Injections are better than the cream.
    Doctors prescribe that much???

Quote Originally Posted by ColoWayno View Post
    You just need a script.

208 -> 551 after 8 weeks, by the way.
    Testosterone readings can vary significantly from reading to reading anyway though. I've been tested as low as 400 and as high as 790. For a younger person, doctors generally won't order this on your bloodwork so you have to ask.

Quote Originally Posted by ColoWayno View Post
    Yep, pretty substantial improvement in mood, productiveness, enjoyment of things, etc.
    How about training?

Quote Originally Posted by ARD View Post
    How about training?
    It's a little hard to tell. I've lowered the volume of my program quite a bit to focus on conditioning and body comp. I will say that I think I'm more willing mentally to move a heavy weight. I've been trying to keep it heavy and that's been working pretty well even though I'm 10lbs lighter than I was.

starting strength coach development program
    Tom,

Dr. normally prescribe above 200 mg/week but I knw a few people that have gone to 300.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345