starting strength gym

Thread: How soon do you normally decrease the increments?

Default How soon do you normally decrease the increments?

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    • starting strength seminar february 2025
    Weight: 165 lb
    Height: 5' 10"

Lifts:
    Deadlift: 185
    Press: 80
    Powerclean: 95
    Squat: 135
    Bench Press: 105

I'm beginning to stall on most of my lifts a month in, and I'm wondering if this is happening too early. On one hand, I want to say that it could be my form or something, but on the other I'm suspicious of that because it's all happening at once.

Right now, per workout, I'm doing:
    Bench, power clean, press: 5lb
    Deadlift: 15lb
    Squat: 10lb

To get the obvious out of the way, I'm eating enough to be gaining 2 lbs per week and getting my protein in. I'm not asking for a reason this is happening, I'm just asking how soon one should have to reduce the daily increment - is this too early to have to drop to 5 lb on the squat and 2.5lb on the others (and 10 on deads)?

Yes, from now on you'll have to drop your increments to 5 lbs on the squat and probably deadlift, and 2.5 for everything else. See where they are next month when you're 10 lbs heavier. You will be 10 lbs heavier then, right?

Quote Originally Posted by ryeguy View Post
    Weight: 165 lb
    Height: 5' 10"

Lifts:
    Deadlift: 185
    Press: 80
    Powerclean: 95
    Squat: 135
    Bench Press: 105

I'm beginning to stall on most of my lifts a month in, and I'm wondering if this is happening too early. On one hand, I want to say that it could be my form or something, but on the other I'm suspicious of that because it's all happening at once.

Right now, per workout, I'm doing:
    Bench, power clean, press: 5lb
    Deadlift: 15lb
    Squat: 10lb

To get the obvious out of the way, I'm eating enough to be gaining 2 lbs per week and getting my protein in. I'm not asking for a reason this is happening, I'm just asking how soon one should have to reduce the daily increment - is this too early to have to drop to 5 lb on the squat and 2.5lb on the others (and 10 on deads)?
    I would guess that squats will have to move to 5lb soon, deads can go on for a while at 15lbs and bench and press too but they will have to go to 2.5 eventually. But it's just a guess.